Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheHLT
Streaming Star

How to fix Sundance Live channel not loading on my TV

Jump to solution

Wanted to watch end of Law & Order episode but am unable to get live stream to load. Shows error code “check internet connection”.

1. went through Roku settings to check connections - all green w/

2. logged in/out of Sundance app through my ISP (Grande, now Astound).

3. Tried reactivation got new code and activation was successful.

4. Shut down/rebooted Roku device.

After all these steps am *still* unable to view live stream.

Any other folk experiencing this? Any suggestions?

Bueller. Bueller. Bueller.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Sundance Live channel not loading on my TV

Jump to solution

Hi @TheHLT @IOPGuy72

Thanks for the posts.

Does the issue only occur on one content within the Sundance channel? If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us updated if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@TheHLT

Thanks for the reply. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
IOPGuy72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exact same here....been this way for a week.  All other streaming channels work fine.  Hopefully someone can provide a solution.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TheHLT @IOPGuy72

Thanks for the posts.

Does the issue only occur on one content within the Sundance channel? If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us updated if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TheHLT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza.

Did that already in the reactivation step I wrote about.

Changed nothing. Live Stream on Sundance continues not to perform.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@TheHLT

Thanks for the reply. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
IOPGuy72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@TheHLT I have sent in a help ticket to Sundance.  I'll respond here to you if/when I get a response.  Maybe it will work for us both.  🙂

0 Kudos
Richvideo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did anyone get back to you about the issue?

0 Kudos
TheHLT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Richvideo: As of today, no. I have not received any communication from anyone. The issue persists.

0 Kudos
IOPGuy72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@TheHLT @Richvideo @RokuKariza-D Still nothing from Sundance.  I still have the issue.  Very frustrating trying to get any technical assistance!

0 Kudos
Richvideo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

They got right back to me

We're sorry you're having some trouble with that. 

If you're watching on the app or website, our tech team is working on this and some related issues. However we do not have a timeline for a fix. We're improving and expanding the service as quickly as we can. 

Please make sure to check our apps for updates, as new features and bug fixes are rolling out frequently. To ensure you are always running the latest version, please delete and re-install the app and/or perform a Hard Refresh of website.

In the meantime, please use your cable provider's streaming services (app, website and set top box) to access this content. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos