Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lab99

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and tried an Amazon Fire Stick from a spare bedroom and Netflix works fine.  Also works fine on cell, tablet and laptop so it has to be a Roku issue.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue !! I even went out and bought a new Roku stick and it’s still not working 

0 Kudos
Izjusme_2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

In addition to our initial comments, we just bought a Firestick and Netflix loaded up immediately.  After reading all your responses, it seems others did the same and had no issues either.  Before we loaded the Firestick, we spoke with T-Mobile who we have WiFi through, as suggested by the roku technician we were on the phone with for almost an hour.   T-Mobile folks researched the issue and found no issues whatsoever between them and Netflix connectivity.   After all this, it seems that Roku and Netflix need to get together and solve this issue once and for all.  Roku just lost my business and I’ll be returning my recently purchased device first thing tomorrow.  I’d rather use roku, but I also want to use Netflix.   Hopefully you guys  can figure this out and make everyone happy.  

0 Kudos
Jasonk04

Jump to solution

Netflix isn’t working on any of my Roku Devices. It started about 2/3 days ago. I’ve restarted, factory reset, uninstalled and installed, and nothing. All my other apps  are working fine. I even tried to cast Netflix from my phone to the Roku and it won’t connect 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Netflix still freezes after rebooting, updating and/or removing and reinstalling. 
Bought a new “current” system and still not working. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @davidjamesslama

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Netflix channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Netflix support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos