Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

@Prospyrity

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jerywilson9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Last month I faced a similar issue with my Netflix account. I am not tech-savvy, so I simply called this 61-480-020-996 number to get help. They literally understood my problem and assisted me with the right solution.

0 Kudos
Izjusme_2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have the same issue of Netflix not connecting to roku device.  Called Netflix and after spending an hour with the very patient technician.  we went through the disconnect, reload, reboot several times with him to no avail. He said it was possibly our WiFi tower in our house, but all other channels, our phones, tablet and another smart tv in the house worked fine with Netflix.  So, we went out and bought a new roku streaming stick 4k.  Still no Netflix.  We took the old roku and installed on the smart tv and the same issue through roku only….no Netflix. Netflix on the smart tv worked fine, just not through the roku stick.  A definite issue with roku, not the tvs or the WiFi.  No idea what’s going on.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Izjusme_2

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
93whitefox

Jump to solution

I have been having this same issue. I have 2 Rokus on 2 different TV's one on wifi one hard wired. Neither work with Netflix. All other channels are fine. I have removed rebooted and reinstalled several times for each. I have also removed the Netflix app from both Rokus then restarted them then powered them off (unplugged) let them sit overnight, rebooted my internet router, then reinstalled the Netflix app. It gets to the sign in screen but just goes to a black screen after I log in. Does the same on both devices. I have a stream stick HD ver. 3810RW and a Roku Ultra. I'm pretty frustrated because Netflix belames Roku and Roku seems to blame Netflix. Not sure what to do now? Cancel Netflix or Go buy a Google or Amazon stream box? Right now nobody has been able to watch TV and this is the 3rd day. Kids are driving me nuts.

GingeRX

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I have tried all the steps suggested. All other channels work fine without issue, and Netflix works fantastically on phones, tablets, and laptop; however it will not work on Roku. 

0 Kudos
Hlgdenton

Jump to solution

Is Netflix down again. The past two days, I have not been able to access Netflix. All other channels work. I've tried all ways to restart, update, refresh, but still nothing.

HELP!

0 Kudos
Zygoat1776
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Went with Amazon Fire Stick. Not as nice as the Roku, but everything works. 

lab99

Jump to solution

Same thing just happened to me.  Netflix works fine on cell phone and laptop bit will not load on any Roku device.  This does not seem to be an isolated issue and I tried ALL reported “fixes”.  My solution worked like a champ.  I switched to Firestick and now Netflix is streaming on all TVs again.  To Roku I say bye-bye.

0 Kudos
lab99

Jump to solution

Me too.

0 Kudos