Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnbhvns

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

We have two Roku sticks. One older one (2016) connected to the main TV is having problems loading Netflix. All other streaming channels work fine. The new Roku stick on another older TV works fine. This is a recent thing. When bringing up netflix, it'll load for a second or two, then lock up. If I pause for a while a couple times, then hit play again,  sometimes I can then watch what I want. 

This is maddening. Initially, this seemed to be happening with newer movies/shows, but now it seems to be all content. Again, the newer Roku stick works fine connected to the other TV. 

I've tried multiple suggestions and was on a chat with someone from Netflix. After a while, they simply gave up and left the chat. I did most everything suggested on here. So far, nothing has worked. I like our Roku sticks, but it's to the point where I want to try something else.

Prospyrity
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I followed all the steps. Uninstall, restart, reinstall. Netflix still doesn't work on ONE of my Roku streaming sticks. It works fine on the other. Extremely frustrating. Maybe I'll have to switch to another streaming product. 

0 Kudos
AEF

Jump to solution

Restarting this thread...any insight on when the app will launch, but only plays about 30 seconds of a video and then kick you out? Tried logging on and off, uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Zygoat1776
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This pausing problem is only happening with Netflix on the Roku Streaming Stick+. It also happens when trying to Airplay Netflix to the Streaming Stick. All other functions/apps of the Streaming Stick are fine. I have a TCL Roku tv also, and Netflix is fine on that device. It's been happening for about 2 weeks at this point. I have tried removing the Netflix app, rebooting the stick and then reinstalling Netflix. The problem persists.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AEF

Welcome to the Roku Community!

What Roku model device are you having issues with? In addition, how are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device. It can be found in  Settings > System > About. It is also located at the back or underneath the Roku player itself.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna 

0 Kudos
Lcannard

Jump to solution

Silimar issue. Netflix menu and previews are fine, then it loads shows at 0% forever. We are using a G211X Roku TV serial number X01900FV0V59. We already tried factory reset. Netflix works on other devices.

0 Kudos
Zygoat1776
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did a support chat with Netflix. Surprisingly, they fixed the problem. They recommended unplugging the roku stick for 3 minutes and doing the same to the modem/router (I unplugged the stick for 3 minutes, but I only restarted my router). Afterwards, Netflix worked fine. The tech said it had something to do with existing information on the router sending to the Roku, that was causing it to stop playing. I'm still a little confused about that, but it works, so I'm happy!

0 Kudos
parmstro64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been experiencing the Netflix not playing correct on Roku for a month or so and before calling Netflix support I had tried uninstalling the Netflix app, rebooting the Roku (express in my case) and reinstalled the Netflix app. This simply did not work. I can open the app, select a title, and play for a minute or so then the stream just drops out until I stop and start the steam again. Netflix had me uninstall the app, power off the Roku for 3 mins, then reinstall and that briefly seemed to work. However, the issue was back shortly after.

Note that all other dreaming channels are working fine on the Roku.

Netflix seems to have worked fine for me for years now on the Roku, but it seems that some update either by Roku or Netflix or both has stopped my ability to stream Netflix directly on the Roku express.

As a work-around, I have been streaming Netflix from my iPhone to the Roku and that works great. However, this is not a convenient for my wife who is not a tech savvy.

Any other solution other than another Roku account would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
Joshkendle
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have, in this order,

removed the Netflix channel 

unplugged the Roku (model 3900 X)/unplugged modem and router, both for 10 minutes 

reinstalled the Netflix channel

and still get the same problem. App will load. Other Roku channels work. But Netflix will stream 5 seconds at most before freezing. The only way to get around is to stream from my phone to the Roku… but that’s ridiculous. 

what. Is. The. Solution. Here?!!!

0 Kudos
parmstro64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The solution is to power down the router for 3 minutes and then power back on the router.  I do not know exactly why but it worked for me and this may help others. It seems that the issue is with the Netflix streaming server and not the Roku. The uninstall, power off for 3 mins, power on, and re-install sequence was the solution I was instructed to do by Netflix that worked for less than a day. After that I tried the router power cycle with 3 min off time and that worked for me for several days now. Your experience may vary. 😞

0 Kudos