Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OG
Binge Watcher

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

Experiencing the same issue here for the past few days. Neflix app works fine on all other devices, except the Roku Premier. Resetting/rebooting the Roku does nothing.

When first starting the app, the usual NETFLIX banner appears, and after some delay, an error message shows up which reads: "Netflix has encountered an error. Retrying in 30 seconds. Code: ui-800-3"

0 Kudos
OG
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Deleted the app then added it back and signed in per link below and suggestions of others near beginning of this thread. Works now.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/46037

0 Kudos
Bozo1

Jump to solution

I just got a roku express 4k+ and I seem to be having the same issue.. I think I'll be returning it because I still have my old one and at this point I'll just get the older version 👎

Also really annoying there's no costumer support so I'm actually very disappointed 😔

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bozo1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue . Netflix freeze up at 30% when im trying to watch shows

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Moorelain2007

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Prospyrity
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am having the same problems.  Netflix freezes after a few seconds.  

This only happens on Netflix.  It only happens on one of my streaming devices.  The other one works fine.  

I have tried removing the channel and readding it several times.  

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Prospyrity

Thanks for the post. 

I'd be glad to check more to see how we can assist. Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings>System>System restart.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Keep us posted and let us know how it goes! 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
jockoe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I got the Netflix update on my Streambar the other day and it seems to have fixed the pausing issue.  I have not gotten the update on my Roku Ultra though.  Can the good people at Roku push the update through to my device?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @jockoe

Thanks for the post.

Did you still haven't gotten a channel update for Netflix? If yes and the issue still occurs, please be advised that many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to Netflix's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

You can contact them here: Netflix Help Center

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos