Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gpmc489

Re: Cloud path error on NBC

Jump to solution

I just started having this issue last week. I tried following the “solution” steps, which do not help. Instead of blaming NBC’s app team and leading customers down a rabbit hole, Roku Support should provide any semblance of information on how to get in contact with the NBC support directed affiliated with Roku. Their response is just lazy. 

Tekbred

Re: How to fix NBC Cloud path error

Jump to solution

Tl;Dr

On your computer or phone; login at the cable provider's site (check subscription if needed and/or logout/login if you're using the "remember me" option) then "change provider" on the NBC site and login to the provider. Return to the roku device and start watching shows.

Why:

The problem I had when getting this error was that my sling subscription was expired for a year.

Syfy works on my other tvs and I got this error on my new one.

These solutions (clearing cookies etc) all point to the issue being a cookie shared from the cable provider and used on NBC in order to confirm subscription to store that on a device's memory to check with nbc.

Long story short, clearing cookies forces a full login on the cable provider's site. Testing this theory, I cleared no cookies, logged in with sling and updated the subscription, then redid the provider info on nbc's site, and I was able to resume watching shows without touching the tv.

If these work the way I think they do, I could only imagine how exploitable it may be.

0 Kudos
emades4

Jump to solution

I tried every other solution mentioned (including my own idea to use incognito tabs) and this is literally the only one that seemed to fix it. Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
rmammarose

Jump to solution

How to fix NBC Cloud path error

0 Kudos
rainesloretta98
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How to fix the error code cloudpatherrir authorization **bleep**

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @rainesloretta98

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Moreover, if the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: NBC Help Center

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TWhitten

Jump to solution

It didn't work for me. Thanks for trying. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @TWhitten

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Meekocat

Jump to solution

I’ve contacted them. They don’t care. Every morning at exactly 9:02 am I get the cloud error message on MSNBC. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. NBC support is zero help. It’s like they’re switching servers or something but it’s the same thing at exactly thee same time every day. My attitude is if Roku can’t get NBC to fix it then you should drop their app. Maybe that will get their attention. 

Jump to solution

I know this is an old comment but I just wanted to update what I did to make it fix mine I first remove the nbc app then unplugged my Roku box to reset it then I got the nbc app again still wouldn't work so I signed out of the app nothing then I signed out of my cable company and signed back in then it worked. So sign out of your cable company (if that's how you use the app) and then sign back in.

I hope this helps if your having the same problem