Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jlwells
Reel Rookie

How to fix Disney Plus error code 83

Why can’t I use Disney Plus? I keep getting error code 83. I have checked everything for updates and restarted the Roku device. Does anyone have a way to fix?  Not allowed to delete channel and re-download. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney Plus stopped working, error code 83

@Jlwells-

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option. [Note: If you have subscribed to this channel through Roku, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe then if you like.) Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel. ]
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System or Settings > System > Power
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Huffkn
Reel Rookie

[OS 10.5] Ultra 4800 Disney Plus channel error code 83

I can’t get Disney + to work on my Ruko  4800x Roku Ultra (4800 series) and my Ruko 3810x   Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  . I get error code 83 for Disney+. I have checked for updates, reset my router several times, uninstalled the app, nothing works HELP!!!!!!!!

OldClone85
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 10.5] Ultra 4800 Disney channel Error code 83

0 Kudos
IMx

Re: How to fix Disney Plus error code 83

Hi Jlwells,

I had the same issue neither Disney+ or Roku supports team could help me, I follow all their recommendation and nothing works, but I found what was the issue at least for my case with that error code 83. It looks one of the updates of Roku or Disney+ bring up some extra security check, so after months of trying everything it just came to my mind that my password was to simple, so I updated my Disney+ password (I included in my new password at least one of these: upper case, lower case, number, symbol), and after that I was able to use Disney+ again in my Roku device after a half year!

Hope this help you.

Regards,
Isaac

0 Kudos