Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lug77
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 4230x Disney Plus Not working

So about 12 hours after my last post, I got a PM to wait 15 minutes and update my device.  I did this, and my Roku Stick updated to 10.5.0 4211.  After the update Disney+ started working.

At this point, I went on to have them do the same for my two Roku TVs.  While waiting for their response, I noticed the recent messages about setting your primary DNS router.  I double checked mine, and sure enough, I had forgotten I had it set to a private DNS server I had gotten rid of a while ago.  Changed it back so 8.8.8.8 was primary and 8.8.4.4 was secondary and the Roku TVs started to work, without another update.

While I'm glad it's fixed, I like to know root cause.  It seems to me, something with the 10.5 update and Disney+ prevents it from falling back to the secondary DNS.  As this was the only channel effected and the issue only existed on the Roku devices.  Ever other device on the same network, using the same DNS settings would still work before adjusting my DNS settings.

0 Kudos
dcbud44
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuMary-F

Thanks for the clarification. Images are too large to upload so here is the requested info.

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial Number: X01000HJ91PM

Software version: 10.5.0 - build 4208-C2

Device ID: S02A219J91PM

Timestamp: 2022-02-10T02:03:46Z

Tracker ID: PM-058-783

Disney plus returns an Error 42 when I try to access the channel.

Disneyplus

Version 1.18 - build 2022020801

0 Kudos
DonnieS
Channel Surfer

Hi Mary

Thanks here is all the info I can get

Roku device model- Roku TV 8522X onn, model 100012589
-serial number- YK0044235185
-device ID- LD5044235185
-software OS/version- 10.5.0 build 4210-AN

channel- Disney plus

version- 1.18 build 2022011800

Error 42 

This is what I see on my screen

We're sorry, we're having trouble connecting you to the service. Please check to see that you are still connected to the internet, and try again (ERROR CODE 42)

OK

I have tried many times to get the tracking info but it doesn't work for me as soon as I hit the home button once it just goes to the home screen and nothing pops up. I tried multiple times to press home and back buttons 5 times but it just stays on the home screen.

I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING

check connection, restarting my router, system and channel update, log out of all devices, uninstall and reinstall channel. 

Please help 

0 Kudos
dcbud44
Channel Surfer

Can confirm. By providing the requesting info in this thread, Roku will reach out to you directly when an update hits your device and this resolves the Error 42 issue.

0 Kudos
Lug77
Reel Rookie

Also, if your tech savvy enough, check what your primary DNS is configured on your router.  If it's not set to 8.8.8.8, change it and test again.  This fixed my Roku TVs without Roku providing the private update.

0 Kudos
DonnieS
Channel Surfer

I'm tech savvy just not sure how to check and change that any help would be appreciated, thanks

0 Kudos
Malfunction
Binge Watcher

Same here. Netflix and Hulu still work. Hulu sometimes needs loaded twice. Disney+ does not ruin on my Rokus. Disney+ does run on my Sony Bravia TV that is connected to the same switch as one of the Rokus. 

0 Kudos
Eman4277
Channel Surfer

@DonnieS @Malfunction 

Read through some of the last comments, if you provide the info that @RokuMary-F  is asking for, they will resolve your problem.

0 Kudos
DonnieS
Channel Surfer

@Eman4277  I did give the info that they are asking for. 

0 Kudos
Eman4277
Channel Surfer

@DonnieS my mistake then, I didn't see it in any of  your comments

0 Kudos