Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trluethje
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku 4230x Disney Plus Not working

Yes, I have done that several times on both devices in that order.  Have also done it by deleting channel, clearing the cache on remote, then re adding channel, on several different occasions.  Have also tried the restart you mentioned followed by clearing cache, and vice-versa.

1. Press the Home button five times.

2. Press the Up button once.

3. Press the Rewind button twice.

4. Press the Fast Forward button twice.

5. The device will restart in a few seconds.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@trluethje

Appreciate the reply.

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

• Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
trluethje
Channel Surfer

Since it is the same problem on 2 Roku's...

Model: 4230X - Roku 3

Serial Number: 4E7550080537

Software Version: 10.5.0 - Build 4208-04

Device ID: Could not find?

Channel: Disney Plus

Version: 1.18 - build 2022011800

Issue Report Tracker ID: 37-046-011

Model: 4230X - Roku 3

Serial #: 4E7566018970

Software Version: 10.5.0 - build 4208-04

Device ID: Could not find?

Channel: Disney Plus

Version: 1.18 - build 2022011800

Issue Report Tracker ID: 70-046-081

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@trluethje

Thank you for providing us your device information.

I have passed them along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once we got an update, we'll make sure to update this thread. 

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
dcbud44
Channel Surfer

So I figured this one out. It's a total sales tactic. I legit thought my most basic Roku Express was on the fritz because of this brutal, error 42 code that has plagued us all. You know? Because it was cheap and about 3 years old. I finally broke down like many of you and bought that sweet, sweet 4K, Dobly WTF ever audio quality that nobody has because we're still rocking that 1080p like it's still fresh as **bleep**; Ultra. So I google that delicious nectar and to my surprise, IT'S ON SALE for $69.99. What a motha-phuckin steal! That's some good old-fashioned Highway Robbery right there.  However, after reading through this forum trying to dig through the ridiculous DNS way-to-complicated-for-the-everyday-user "solution" I attempted the same Roku responses as you. With no prevail, my overkill Ultra remains just as useless as my Express, and yet, regerts were made. Roku got my 70 bucks. But hey, the remote has a speaker! Well played Roky...well played. #legaliseit

0 Kudos
brojerry
Channel Surfer

Re: I have a ROKU Express 3930RW at software build 10.5.

As of 2/04/2022 - My 3930RW started working again. Yes, it took 3 months, but my granddaughter is now able to watch Encanto and other shows once again. 

0 Kudos
Eman4277
Channel Surfer

I've been getting error 42 on disney+ on my roku 3 for months. Uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times. Signed out of all devices. Tried a wired connection. Bought a roku ultra. Same error no matter what. Works fine on every other non-roku device.

0 Kudos
haney85
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Disney Plus Error Code 42

They do not appear to be following up in this thread anymore. I furnished the information they requested and had been ready 2 weeks for a response. On pinnacle of that frustration, I hold seeing offers to buy a new Roku pop up on my system to use the  I'm not approximately to buy a new one after Roku disabled mine.

0 Kudos
Rpetrie
Channel Surfer

Buy a Firestick 4K from Amazon for $40.  That's what I finally did and there are no errors.

Eman4277
Channel Surfer

Yeah I'm gonna return this piece of **bleep** roku ultra.  They don't care about fixing their product so I'll go somewhere else.

0 Kudos