Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Re: Disney Plus not working

Hi @BrokenDisney

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about How do I remove channels from my Roku streaming device?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
Kkelso89
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus error 42, Discover Plus error after 10.5.0 software update

I tried that nothing works. 

0 Kudos
pscarbor
Binge Watcher

Re: Disney Plus not working

So I'll respond to my own question. I checked and Disney is now an add-on to Hulu which I already have, and only two bucks and change until the next billing; and so I thought, "what the heck, I'll try it" and signed up for Disney Plus. Apparently the buffering issue has been corrected by either Hulu or Roku because it no longer buffers for me.

My connection is 12 MBS on a good day; more like 8-10 average. I'll repost if anything changes.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Disney Plus not working - Error Code 42

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you. Please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

If you are receiving an error message of "Error 42" for the Disney channel, please provide the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StCroixGuy
Channel Surfer

We get error code 42 when attempting to open Disney Plus is happening from all of our Roku devices. We are able to stream Disney Plus on a non Roku device without any issues.

Roku model 3810X-Roku streaming stick serial# YH002H007425

software version 10.5.0 build 4201-50

Timestamp 2021-11-24T02:55:43Z

Tracker ID 25-471-055

Disney Plus version 1.17, build 2021110300

Launch Disney Plus channel, get error code 42 message

Musoka
Roku Guru

Re: Disney Plus not working on Roku

I see on other threads they are starting to roll a bunch of TVs back to 10.0. So they are admitting without stating it that 10.5 is a rotten piece of firmware. Hopefully we all get rolled back and that will definitely fix it for me. Hopefully for others as well

PedroAdams
Reel Rookie

Hi!

Same problem here in Brazil. 

Ser the informations required below:

- AOC ROKU TV 8309X, Model 43S5195, software version 10.5.0 4201-AG, ID S0677033HAUY

- So far It happens only in Disney plus version 1.17 Review 2021110300

- Tracker ID UY-471-686

- Steps: Just try to open Disney plus and error 42 is shown.

Cbsanders
Reel Rookie

Re: Need help with Disney Plus error code 42

Same problem here. TCL Roku TV. Removed and re-added the Disney Plus app, did a system restart, no luck. Disney Plus app gives Error 42 before reaching login screen. All other streaming apps working great. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Disney Plus not working on Roku

@Musoka

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing on the Disney+ channel?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos