Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtodd76
Binge Watcher

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

Same with me. I've had the ad free version from the start. Nothing changed after trial ended. Just random pausing and missing dialog like others have stated.

JaredKFan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We have been having that problem too since we signed up for it. Image freezes for a few seconds then resumes. I’m deaf so use the closed captions. The captions freeze when the problem occurs, too. Apparently an app update was released today, 1.1, so am hoping the issue is fixed with this update. Have half a gig of bandwidth for internet use so bandwidth requirements for the app should not be problematic.

Palmerfamily
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We paid for the ad free. All the shows pause. We tried removing the app and reinstalling it - it doesn't help! We just turned in our cable boxes. All the hype and all the shows pause! Our other Roku shows don't have this issue so it is Discovery Plus. Let's see how long it takes them to repair the problem.

Arnold92

Jump to solution

Yep,same issue as other described. I'm glad others are having the same issue.  Hopefully it will be resolved soon. 

Vstreep

Discovery+ keeps backtraking

Jump to solution

Discovery+ backtracks and plays same segment over, sometimes multiple times.

AStarr
Streaming Star

Re: Discovery+ keeps backtraking

Jump to solution

I made a report several days ago- they had me delete & reload the app & clear the cache, but it didn’t help. I know they’ve been working on it- someone said they had an update on Thursday, but I’m still having the same problem. Today, I did not get email from them- have gotten email the last few days asking me more questions. 

0 Kudos
LadyBuckette
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@optikhog Thank You for the link!

I’ve sent my complaints to #discovery+ in the link you provided. My issues are that if I hit the pause button on my #Roku #Ultra remote, the screen goes black but the audio continues. Also, whilst watching #Samantha Brown’s Passport to Europe, some shows play well but others play the first few seconds then the app pops me to my Roku Home Screen. Crazy annoying!!! I’ve made sure that all software was updated and restarted all devices involved. It still didn’t fix the issues. 

0 Kudos
Windeecity
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've discovered something odd with the Discovery + app

My guest room has a Roku 3 attached to my old 2012-2013 LG Google TV, the one with the QWERTY remote. There was NO pauses or blackout screen when a season ended when watching the Food network.

My other 2 newer TVs with newer Roku's are still experiencing these annoying 3-5 second interruptions

cegeorge68
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine boots back to a black screen after watching one episode. It won't go to the next episode. 

BuckBuck50

Jump to solution

Mine does the same during regular video and just prior to commercial. Also, trying to change my subscription to ad free. Followed all of the directions however, the CHANGE option doesn't show on the view panel. Anyone know what gives? Thanks