Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

I agree with you I have no problems unless I pause it or rewind or fast forward. After I pause for a few minutes it does the pause thing for about 5 minutes and then it proceeds without any other pauses. When I try to rewind and play it over again it pauses in the same section. I haven't tried to back out and rewind. But what I have done is on my Roku I have the ability to used closed caption on replay. So when I do rewind and it comes back on even if it skips I can read what they're saying using the closed caption. Works like a charm. It might skip some video but it doesn't skip the narration.  Thank you for the info.

0 Kudos
Smshngpmpk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I haven’t tried the closed caption trick! Thanks for the suggestion - I’ll have to try that! 5 minutes paused tho?! That’s crazy! I’d go insane!! Mine will pause for about 5 seconds & then moves on. I seriously hope they fix these issues soon!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Discovery+ app version 1.4.1 released (3/15) - check and see if any issues have been resolved

Faithful
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Didn't realize we had 2 threads of this topic. Finished my 2nd show now with no issues using 1.4 Build 1. Looks like it has been fixed!

Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I still have the pause problem when I purposely pause it to walk away from the TV for a bit. When I come back and turn it back on It still pauses.  it seems the pauses are a little longer. 

sjames0675
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Done,

submitted complaint. 
so very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
sjames0675
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This did not fix the issue for me!

Driving my family crazy

0 Kudos
sjames0675
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Fixed for what Roku devise?

0 Kudos
RichAlgeni
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

4800X is NOT fixed. It crashes the Roku

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Discovery Plus app pausing and skipping

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As previously stated, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Discovery+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator