Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khunt
Channel Surfer

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

That’s the version I’m using and it still pauses from time to time.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

They just sent me an email saying they have a new update 1.2.2. go to Roku home screen highlight the app hit the * on the Roku remote and doing update.

0 Kudos
LuvJmm
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I’m surprised you got a response, but good on you for sharing. Sounds like someone else is still have occasional issues, but I’ll give it go and update with results after a day or so. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
jtodd76
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Man...I got pretty excited when I saw they released an update! Then...BOOM! Reality took over and nothing changed! What a disappointment.

0 Kudos
Khunt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine has improved drastically but still pauses occasionally for about 3 seconds.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If I put a pause on mine to go do something and I come back and restart it after about a minute it pauses for about 5 seconds and then restarts. But it only happens when I pause it to go do something and then I restart it again they'll be a short pause otherwise it seems to be working fine now I don't know what happens between switching seasons etc but this was just on the pausing issue. I also reported the black screen at the end they said they fixed that. One problem that I have is they told me to remove the app and reinstall it and there isn't any remove app on mine but I'm just going to go with the flow right now. I have open communication with her still so if you have other problems let me know

0 Kudos
AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I got an email too... did it stop skipping forwards & backwards? I think when I deleted & re-installed it per their instructions, I found that I had to cancel my subscription to be able to delete it, I think because it’s a streaming app, so it’s different. I just had the free trial version, but they told me if I had issues subscription-wise after that, they would work with me, but that it shouldn’t be a problem. 

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So far it's working okay but I can't delete mine there's no choice on my app to delete I tried to tell him that too even with the update yeah I only have the 7-Day trial too so but they should give me one more week everything seems to be working fine now we'll see

LuvJmm
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That’s been my experience too. I updated the channel and it did fix the scene skipping and going to a blank black screen at the end of an episode, but it is still pausing. It confirms that the pauses were never supposed to be there, and were not commercial breaks, because it’s happening less frequently but it’s still happening. Still, the update is an improvement and makes it less miserable. 

Jump to solution

I have the 1.2.2 version and it is still having the same problems.  This has gone on for too long.  When are they going to fix this? 

0 Kudos