Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AStarr
Streaming Star

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

I did that too - I thought it was clearing a cache - something happened when I followed the steps. But - it did not solve the problem. I had made a report, got email twice, but not in the last week & 1/2. Other people have done that too, & didn’t help.

0 Kudos
Bobbien333
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Its sad with all the issues and not being fixed. An auto response back makes me feel I should cancel because if the care and issues. I know its new, but communication from them is terrible.

Cat1371
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine finally quit pausing during episodes but shuts my Roku down after every episode. I have followed all the steps that Discovery has sent me still not fixed. The automatic replies show a lack of concern for Roku users. Based on reviews it seems most of the other platforms are fine. So it feels as if Discovery just don't want to be bothered to fix Roku

0 Kudos
Moogie

Jump to solution

I found out that it happens if I push pause at any time during the episode.  I now hit the back button if I have to pause and I haven't had a problem since.  They REALLY need to get this fixed as a lot of us watch shows while doing other things and sometimes we need to just pause!

onesuperuser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Interesting note on FIrestick/FIretv.  Would rather stay with Roku....still hoping that Roku will pick up on the conversation pertaining to Discovery+ and get involved.  Unsure if they monitor the channel; I would if I worked for them.

AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That’s what I thought too, that it was related to hitting the pause button. So I made sure not to do that, & not to go back either, & it still did it. On its own, just letting it jump backwards, the problem started slow & increased til it happened more & more, skipping both backwards & forewords. I’m glad it worked for you. I was in my free trial, not a paid version yet.

0 Kudos
Windeecity
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I enjoyed Discovery + but canceled my subscription today until they get the pause issue and a blackout screen after an episode ends. However, These issues DONOT happen to me on the D+original shows. 

I have 3 Roku sticks, 2 express and 1 Roku 3.

FYI- The Roku 3 has no issues on my old 2013 Google LG TV when Watching D+

FloridaMan

Jump to solution

Looks like as one old boy said, just don't pause it. The app is screwed up and when you pause it, the dang thing goes nuts. Just hit back button, not pause. If you do that, feller you can watch your entire program without a problem. If not you and your kin will have plenty of skips throughout your show making it a pain to watch.

0 Kudos
FloridaMan

Jump to solution

This did seem to fix the problem, I was a having. Just tell Discovery they need to fix it. If you pause the show it can also just keep playing. Hard to pay for stuff that don't work.

0 Kudos
Khunt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku 55" TV and a Roku Premiere and the Discovery App pauses on both. I connected my AppleTV 4k streamer to the Roku TV and had no problem whatsoever with pausing on the App. It seems to be an issue with the Discovery App on Roku. 

0 Kudos