Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Srikant
Channel Surfer

Re: CBSN not loading live news

Jump to solution

working as of 12/29/2021

0 Kudos
MagicRichHurley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

unfortunately the CBSN live streams stopped working again, so I'm giving up. 

0 Kudos
Al1003
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear it’s not working for you now. How irritating. Different users configurations must vary and the fix they rolled out must not have taken that into account. You can still use the cbs app to get to CBSN but you won’t get the local stations.

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

"CBSN" is not a standalone app for Roku. It is a stream that is within other apps, including Paramount+, Pluto TV, and yes, CBS News app. Since the CBSN stream within the CBS News app works, I'm assuming it's another app you're using. "CBS News" is a Roku app. Both carry CBS news content, but they aren't the same app. With which app are you having a problem?

Exactly. Also try getting the CBS News live feed on Pluto TV, STIRR, or even on the live TV on the Roku Channel. This problem is not a ROKU problem, but rather a problem with buffering in the live feed. Sometimes, that has to do with heavy Internet traffic  Try that again at different times of the day. 

0 Kudos
Gigasaurus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I watch the CBS news stream successfully on Paramount+ (always), and if I close Paramount+ and hop over to the CBS News app it generally does not load.  I have 5 Rokus to test on.  So the buffering issue is specific to the CBS News app.

The problem started December 1 in the CBS News app. Lately it has started working sporadically, so I get the sense they are trying to address the issue. As of now it is not working 100% consistently, but I'll continue to check.

I prefer watching on the CBS News app because it the news plays when you launch the app (unlike most other apps where it is 8-10 clicks away.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CBSfan
Channel Surfer

Re: Cbsn app not working for the past week

Jump to solution

It is Jan 31, 2022 and this still is a problem for us. We have Paramount Plus, but no live streaming of CBS mainline news programs like CBS News Mornings(Gail King, et al) or Norah McDonald’s CBS Nightly News. All that seems available are previous days stories. If you can’t get live news on Paramount Plus, what good is it?

0 Kudos
Srikant
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

if I am not mistaken a $9.99 subscription ( premium) to Paramount Plus does comes with live CBS channel . and some of us use CBS news app in ROKU also to get free CBSN Local ( I am in bay Area ) 

And If I am right PARAMOUNT PLUS also has NEWS channels in which local CBSN shows up and its working for me 

Regards

0 Kudos
Srikant
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Norah McDonald’s CBS Nightly News. - this is not shown LIVE via any CBSN channels . Unless you have local CBS channel , you cannot receive live feed only ARCHIVES 

The biggest challenge loading CBS channels vanished only after I upgraded my ROKU device ( ROKU streaming stick + it says ) - Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device with Long-range Wireless and Roku Voice Remote with TV Controls

0 Kudos
steve111
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dear       ,    

Thank you for contacting CBS News Customer Support!

Thank you for reporting this. We are aware of an issue with Roku devices that may be impacting some viewers and are actively working on resolving this. We will let you know once we have an update. In the meantime as a temporary workaround please try selecting a different CBSN Live stream, let it begin to play and then re-select the Live stream you were having difficulty with.

Thank you for being a CBSN viewer.

Regards, 
Darriel
CBS News Customer Service
0 Kudos