Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OJP
Reel Rookie

How to fix CBS News app not loading live news

Jump to solution

How do I fix the CBSN live news channel (app) not loading? Stays at 0%. I can load old news but not live.

https%3A%2F%2Fimage.roku.com%2Fdeveloper_channels%2Fprod%2Fc77bf6789e8e84c05c95ae68fa721ef1291f18544307f343f42f30cef2ac0532

Roku Channel Store Listing: CBS News

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
cim
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix CBS News app not loading live news

Jump to solution

A "FACTORY RESET" on ROKU solved the problem. I now get Live streaming CBSN.

View solution in original post

cim
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried (delete, reboot, restore) twice and it failed. A Factory Reset was successful.

View solution in original post

97 REPLIES 97
Mvp220
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have done everything but a factory reset.. updated,  reinstalled and rebooted my roku. Nothing is working.  The pages comes up but is just circling the drain.  Please help

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@OJP 

What app are you using? There is no Roku app called CBSN, but there is a CBS News app. Yes, that's an important difference. You see, CBSN can be found within other apps, such as Paramount+, Pluto TV, Xumo, and others. So, what app are you using?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Mvp220 

There isn't a CBSN app for Roku. There is a CBS News app for Roku. CBSN is available within other services, such as Paramount+, Pluto TV, Xumo, and others.

Where are you seeing a CBSN app on your Roku, or available for Roku?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
indy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing here. The CBSN live stuff just won't load. I don't even see it listed under ROKU live channels anymore. I'm hoping we get an update soon that fixes the problem.

indy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I believe CBSN stands for CBS news. The older clips are working, but nothing live is loading. I know this is a problem for some, not sure if it's for all the viewers. 

indy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To Mvp220 - Let us know if anything changes for you. I'll post again if I find a fix.

0 Kudos
indy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To OJP - Same here. ROKU advertises that we can watch live news with the CBS app, which is what I've done for years. It hasn't been loading anything live lately. 

cim
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

CBSN has been loading 0% all week. I deleted the channel and rebooted, still the same. The web page version is live. I have been watching ROKU CBSN for years.

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@indy wrote:

Same thing here. The CBSN live stuff just won't load. I don't even see it listed under ROKU live channels anymore. I'm hoping we get an update soon that fixes the problem.

So, you're using the Roku Channel? That's the app you're using? Or not (based on your other comments)?

@indy wrote:

I believe CBSN stands for CBS news. ...

Right. But the CBS News app is NOT the CBSN app. CBS does have a standalone app called CBS News, and the stream carried within other apps is CBSN. It's important to know which app is experiencing the issue.

@indy wrote:

... The older clips are working, but nothing live is loading. I know this is a problem for some, not sure if it's for all the viewers. 

You say you can't find CBSN in the Roku Channel, but then say it plays some clips but not others. So, my question remains: What app are you using?

DBDukes

0 Kudos