Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot activate the NFL channel

@LorieV wrote:

Cannot activate the NFL channel on our LG TVs either because you get the code but then the list of carriers do not include Roku so the TV is never activated for the NFL channel. I canceled it but It says I just won’t be charged next year but I would like a refund of the unused $99.

Are you asking about the NFL Network or NFL Game Pass?  NFL Network requires a paid provider like YouTube TV, Spectrum Cable, etc... but is not $99.  NFL Game Pass is $99 and allows you to watch every NFL game after it finishes airing live.  In neither case can you use Roku as your carrier.  Roku is NOT a paid subscription.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Vegap83

I know I'm late to this thread but I just had this same issue. For the past hour I was trying to register my roku nfl but the activation code kept saying invalid.  What worked for me was clearing all cookies/caches on my mobile device and I put in the code again and it worked,  I had to reenter my directv info again but that was no problem.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Re: NFL channel will not activate with Roku

I’ve been watching certain channels nfl, espn, nbc sports, etc) ALL season, ALL free and just last night, they all required me to go to some website, enter code and my provider but didn’t end up working. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @BroncosBabe7

Thanks for the post. 

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel's customer support team to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
activeoperate
Reel Rookie

Re: How to activate the NFL channel on Roku

If you want to activate NFL GamePass on your Roku device, computer, tablet, or mobile device you must visit Active operate.

0 Kudos
redpanther
Channel Surfer

NFL app says my user name or password is incorrect. It's the same as the one I used last year and the same one that signs me in on ROKU. Why is ROKU such a pathetic provider?

0 Kudos
Drummernaut
Streaming Star

It is not ROKU, it is the NFL. They create the apps, ROKU just host them like an ISP.

0 Kudos
redpanther
Channel Surfer

Then as a host, why can't ROKU do SOMETHING to help solve the problem?  Because they are the host, they take no responsibility for the network they are charging for? What a racket.

0 Kudos
redpanther
Channel Surfer

That's not true. You are mistaken. Paying for the channel thru ROKU SHOULD give me access to the channel like it did last year and like any other payed for service, but it doesn't. I payed for the NFL channel thru ROKU, but NFL won't allow access. It says that my user name or password is incorrect - the same that works on ROKU.

0 Kudos
redpanther
Channel Surfer

The HDMI guy is wrong, Danny. Give us some info that we can use, not some redirection to another post by an incorrect poster.

0 Kudos