Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joenick
Reel Rookie

How to activate the NFL channel on Roku

I have been trying the last three days to activate the NFL channel. I went to the roku channel to NFL network. I put the codes in and it says it's not valid. Over and over again I'm getting no help from your no support system at all. Please refund my money if this can't be activated.

Tags (1)
24 REPLIES 24
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot activate the NFL channel

@joenick 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? After you install the NFL channel, have you authenticated the channel with one of the options on the screen? Why are you accessing The Roku Channel for the NFL channel?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Drummernaut
Streaming Star

I will explain the problem I am having. When the prompt comes up with the tv provider activation number you get only 10 seconds to enter the number on the website and activate through your provider.

After 10 seconds you get a "try again to receive a new code. For some reason the prompt is being forwarded by some "ok" action the is not caused by me. Unless you know what the next code is, it is impossible to get authenticated.

The app is super slow and does not load every time. I have removed and reinstalled. I have rebooted the Roku. This appears to be another app problem with the NFL.

I stopped using this app mid season last year because of similar authentication and loading issues. You would think with all the money they make and this covid situation they would be able to make an app that works for everyone.

jsun982
Reel Rookie

I had trouble last year getting connect to NFL Game Pass it was finally resolved but was very frustrating to say the least. I don't recall how it was resolved either.

NOW, this season (2020) I was automatically subscribed but I canceled it before getting charged due to the coronavirus not knowing whether or not there would be a season. Once the season started I got re-subscribed. I have zero issue with watching games on my iMac but I can't view games through my roku which is hooked up via ethernet to my LG OLED TV.

I can access NFL Game Pass but when I get to the page to watch the game I've selected and select Full Game I'm taken to a page that tells me to purchase for $99 (I've already PAID!!!) and below that there's a box that says "you are already signed in" with a selection box below to "sign out".

Now because I don't know who to contact roku or NFL? I've contacted NFL 2x two days ago and haven't received response  NFL AND roku are practically useless when there is some sort of issue. You can't call them, there's no chat line. Only a number of email addresses (for NFL) to contact them and unsure of which email to send issue complaint issue to. I've tried several times logging in/out, unplugging roku, removing NFL app and reinstalling it. I NEED HELP NOW! Not when NFL and/or ROKU feels like getting around to it.

0 Kudos
Drummernaut
Streaming Star

You can try "https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us" but I can tell you that going through their prompts you can tell that they are totally new to internet media and apps. It seems that they have not taen into account all their media platforms that should be supported. They are totally focused on mobile.

0 Kudos
jsun982
Reel Rookie

Drummernaut,

I did get thru to them, sent them email Tuesday and they responded Saturday Morning with reply they didn't give me code they said I would need, it was kind of a BS message, they acknowledged a problem and said "IF" I was still unable to connect with games "let them know" (that's why I emailed in the first place, like what they think it fixed itself? OF COURSE I WAS STILL HAVING PROBLEM!) and they would send me a code that I could enter to re-subscribe for free. So I had to email them (again, more waiting) and told them to send code. Today (Sunday) I received code and finally got the Roku able to play Game Pass games. Whoever is running things for Game Pass needs to "up their game" as far as troubleshooting and taking care of their customers in a timely manner. They should have sent code with their FIRST email.

Roku really sucks too, the way it's set up is like 1995, not user friendly at all really clunky app, and when you start the NFL Game Pass app "game highlights" start playing right away so the game you've been waiting to view might pop up and show "spoiler" (like someone telling you how a movie ends) who wants that? This only happens on Roku my iMac and MacBook Pro don't automatically show game highlights (you have to select them, which is how it should be). 

0 Kudos
Juby_1899

NFL channel will not activate with Roku

The NFL Channel is still listed as an channel that can be added to my Roku listing. When I go to activate the channel I get a code and the NFL website to active. I select the link on my computer, enter the code and it takes me to the next page of selecting my provider which to my surprise Roku is not on their list. Has anyone had this issue as well? Did the NFL drop Roku or the other way around and Roku has not got around to removing it as a valid channel?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: NFL channel will not activate with Roku

To activate the NFL channel and several others like CBS sports, ESPN, etc... you must have a paid provider like Spectrum Cable or YouTube TV that includes the NFL channel in your paid subscription.  

0 Kudos
LorieV

Cannot activate the NFL channel on our LG TVs either because you get the code but then the list of carriers do not include Roku so the TV is never activated for the NFL channel. I canceled it but It says I just won’t be charged next year but I would like a refund of the unused $99.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LorieV

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend reading the information that @HDMIGuy posted in the post above yours for more information about activating the NFL channel on your Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos