Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_I
Roku Guru

Re: How to activate Bally Sports (Ballysports.com/activate) on my Roku device

Jump to solution

And you refresh the code on your TV , not on ballysports.com 
@C_I wrote:

If you got an invalid code message, then click the the "reset code" option  below that message. Be sure to enter the code correctly if not, you'll keep getting that message. 
@dallasxanadu wrote:

No dice for me. Reset my Roku, uninstalled and reinstalled the Bally app. Still get directed to the /account page with an activation code, which makes no effing sense. Go to the /activate screen instead, get the invalid code message. Garbage. I can go to the Bally Sports website and log in with the code and watch it on my laptop. I guess I'll have to settle for that. Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
szabogi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You can certainly download the Bally Sports app to your Roku after you have cut the cord, however, you won't be able to use the app to access the sports content you want unless you have a valid username/password for one of the supported/sponsored cable TV providers. 

IMHO, Bally should allow cable cutters to purchase a monthly or annual subscription directly in order to stream the content, as the only thing having this username/password does is ensure you are theoretically paying for a top tier cable subscription, which begs the question, "what is Bally Sports getting from this?"  Maybe Bally's strategy is to get kickbacks from the cable companies by discouraging cord cutting for fans of their local market teams, or maybe they are piggy backing off of the cable companies licenses to broadcast the content?  Regardless of the real reasons, it comes across feeling like a form of extortion to me, the little guy who just wants to watch my baseball team.

dallasxanadu
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I do have a valid login - go reread this thread from the beginning. It works fine on my phone and my laptop with my DirecTV credentials, using the Bally's website. But the Roku app doesn't recognize the activation code as being valid, so I don't ever even get to the part where I enter my DirecTV login and password. So dumb. 

0 Kudos
dallasxanadu
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've refreshed a dozen times. Entered it correctly, both with and without the capitalization. My teams suck anyway, I'm over it.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the authentication issue with Bally Sports.

Please be noted that channel authentication is managed independently by each channel provider and TV provider themselves. Keep in mind Roku offers an open platform, but we don't program the channels or provide the streams for our providers. Try removing the channel, rebooting the Roku device, and adding back the channel. Sign back into the channel. If the issue still persists, we suggest you reach out to the providers directly.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
dallasxanadu
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Would you just hush already Mary? You're clearly a bot that adds zero to the conversation.

0 Kudos
dallasxanadu
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just noticed the the Fox Sports Southwest app on my Windows 10 desktop transitioned to Bally's. Thought I'd give it a shot, since an actual app, not just the website. Worked like a charm. Their Roku app is just broken on my device for whatever reason.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue.  I’ve watched on the app before with no problem now today I’m getting a code that sends me to the email login page as well 

0 Kudos
dallasxanadu
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If you change the part after the / to activate instead of login or whatever it is, it should take you to the device activation screen. I've gotten that far, but every time I use the code it's giving me on my television, it says "invalid code". Hope you have better luck than I did.

0 Kudos
rlkdm91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is total BS that we should have to contact the App provider because we can't sign in through ROKU. You are the ones that have the contract with Bally Sports and it is your responsibility to fix this issue. When you try to sign into their app it doesn't even have ROKU as a main subscriber to activate the app. All it has are the main cable/internet providers. This is also happening with other apps such as the Hallmark Channel. It is ROKU's responsibility to fix this problem not the "Community" of ROKU subscribers.