Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baretram

Re: How to activate Bally Sports (Ballysports.com/activate) on my Roku device

Jump to solution

I’m wanting to cut the cord but some services, such as Bally Sports, require a cable provider in order to download the app and use with Roku. Is there a way to download the app once I no longer have a cable service?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
dallasxanadu
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, you can download the app of course, but you will need to either have a cable/satellite login, or (I'm assuming) an account with them where you pay them monthly to watch their programming. I've been attempting to activate the app using my dad's DirecTV credentials, which is how I watched local sports teams when it was still Fox Sports Southwest. That's the method that I've been unsuccessful with though on Roku. Those same credentials do work, however, when I go to their website on my laptop and use them to sign on there.

I know there's been a big outcry here in Dallas, because most providers have been in negotiations with Sinclair/Bally's to carry the station, and most of them haven't come to an agreement. Only a small percentage of locals have been able to watch Mavs/Stars/Rangers for the last several months. 

0 Kudos
Gurley4Six

Jump to solution

Having exact same issue. Have tried troubleshooting steps previously mentioned. Did you ever find a fix?

0 Kudos
dallasxanadu
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Nope, I gave up even trying. I watch it on my laptop on the rare occasion I can get motivated to watch a game.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dallasxanadu,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication. That is handled directly by the channel publisher. It's best to reach out to Bally Sports directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
dallasxanadu
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

JFC Mary, did you not even bother to read this thread?

0 Kudos
bd18

Jump to solution

I know.  Roku is fighting with them.  Roku SUCKS!!!!!!

dallasxanadu
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You have that bass ackwards. Bally sucks mightily, in every way.

mcdonj2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same issue. For some reason I found this link in Google search and it took me directly to the typical login site asking for the code on the screen and my provider.

https://www.clipsit.net/www-ballysports-com-activate-watch-bally-sports-network/

Then I just clicked on the Bally link

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you got an invalid code message, then click the the "reset code" option  below that message. Be sure to enter the code correctly if not, you'll keep getting that message. 
@dallasxanadu wrote:

No dice for me. Reset my Roku, uninstalled and reinstalled the Bally app. Still get directed to the /account page with an activation code, which makes no effing sense. Go to the /activate screen instead, get the invalid code message. Garbage. I can go to the Bally Sports website and log in with the code and watch it on my laptop. I guess I'll have to settle for that. Capture.JPG

0 Kudos