Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tony2022
Reel Rookie

How to access guide from remote on roku channel

Jump to solution

How in the world do I access the guide on my remote when I'm on the roku channel? The left arrow in the middle doesn't work all we get is to be able to rewind the show we're on. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
tony2022
Reel Rookie

Re: How to access guide from remote on roku channel

Jump to solution

Hi and thank you for your reply. To clear up the rewind. When I tried to see the guide evidently I couldn't, due to the show I was watching.  What would happen upon touching the left arrow it would show frames in the past. But I understand your answer except the difference between "LIVE" and not.  I guess i need to learn the diff but thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@tony2022 

When you launch the Roku Channel, look for a section called Live TV. (normally a purple tile that says "Live TV Channel Guide").  Additionally, any content icon that has a red "Live" sticker in it is part of the Live TV linear channels. (continuous running).

All the other content in the Roku channel is on-demand. (you select the movie and it will play).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@tony2022 

Since you mentioned both the left arrow button and the rewind button...

When in the Roku channel, you can only access a guide when in the "LiveTV" section of the Roku Channel.  To access this guide when you are watching Live TV, you press the left arrow to enter the guide.  You cannot rewind, pause, or fast forward Live TV.

If you are watching the on-demand content of the Roku channel, you can rewind, pause, fast forward these.  In order to go back to the on-demand screen to select another movie/show, press the "Back" button. (this is the arrow on the upper left of remote - a white left arrow button in line with the Home button). 

0 Kudos
tony2022
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi and thank you for your reply. To clear up the rewind. When I tried to see the guide evidently I couldn't, due to the show I was watching.  What would happen upon touching the left arrow it would show frames in the past. But I understand your answer except the difference between "LIVE" and not.  I guess i need to learn the diff but thank you.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@tony2022 

When you launch the Roku Channel, look for a section called Live TV. (normally a purple tile that says "Live TV Channel Guide").  Additionally, any content icon that has a red "Live" sticker in it is part of the Live TV linear channels. (continuous running).

All the other content in the Roku channel is on-demand. (you select the movie and it will play).

tony2022
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Awesome.  Thanks!!

0 Kudos