Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deetv

How do I stream episodes threw WeTv with out having a tv provider?

If you don’t have a tv provider, how do you stream on WETV?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Deetv

Re: How do I stream episodes threw WeTv with out having a tv provider?

Correct. It keeps asking me to put in a code, that linked with my tv provider. Bt I just have Internet. No tv provider.

0 Kudos
Deetv

It’s letting me watch extras from the episodes bt not the whole episode…

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

You can't.

End of.

Some channels are like that-they want you to pay something via a TV provider (cable, sat, or could be something like Sling, YoutubeTV etc., whatever has the channel).

(Not a problem I experience in UK, by the way, things are not as complex or expensive here)

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Deetv 

WE tv requires authentication against a TV provider. That means cable, satellite, or streaming service. Not all apps accept all services, though this isn't as common as it once was.

The cheapest streaming service that carries WE tv is Philo, which is $25/month. Their package carries just over 60 channels.

If this seems the way to go, and if it allows you to authenticate, you could use the WE tv app. Or just watch via the Philo app, which would act as a "streaming cable" service.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

TCLStreamer
Streaming Star

@Deetv  The free way to watch WeTV is by using an antenna. If you can’t use an antenna in your area then you will need to subscribe to Frndly. It’s only $6.99/month 

0 Kudos