Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krunchi
Reel Rookie

How do I remove LGBTQ stuff from my Kids seeing it?

Because of my Muslim background and my kids how can all the LGBT whatever stuff be removed from my devices? 

26 REPLIES 26
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I remove LGBTQ stuff from my Kids seeing it?

@Krunchi 

As you can control apps, I'm assuming you're talking either ads or content within apps.

For ads, know that there is no functionality for rating or filtering ads. This is true of Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Google/Android TV. Only Apple TV does not have ads within the interface. Or, at least, not overt ads. Like all services, they do push content they have designated for promotion.

For content, that would be within the app itself, if there are content ratings. Some apps do offer content ratings and filters. Some have Kids profiles. But many simply offer content, take it or leave it.

If you want to suggest filtering ads (which I suspect is the impetus for your post), you may want to submit that on the Suggest a Feature page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

SCGranny
Channel Surfer

Re: Can LGBTQ content be made optional? Can it be turned off?

It's like surround-sound that we can't escape for the entire month of June and beyond.  No matter where you go, what you watch or listen to, you are carpet bombed with this message.  So obnoxious.

bizzigram
Reel Rookie

I am a Christian and I,  too, don't want to see any LGBTQ programs....they are now everywhere. I have decided to use my indoor antenna and just watch the eight stations I get through the antenna.

DBDukes

@bizzigram 

There is a lot of good content available free over the air. I have an outdoor antenna and am very happy I decided to put one up.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

ex_customer
Reel Rookie

Everyone is entitled to their own position on issues. As a grandparent, mine is that I shouldn't need to have a talk with my young grandchildren about sexual content that Roku has decided - with no option to turn it off - will now show up when I turn the TV on.

Roku wants to side slip and say "We're just showing ads, you need to contact the channel" (https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Profane-Commercials/td-p/635173)

I just saw an ad for "Generation Drag" through discovery+ on The Roku Channel. So I'm contacting the channel. I'm not talking about an ad in a program I'm watching - this is on the home screen next to the inputs.

Give us an option to remove this garbage or I will be removing all Roku devices from my home.

DBDukes

@ex_customer 

There's a way to request or suggest features: It's the Suggest a Feature page. Give that a shot.

DBDukes

ex_customer
Reel Rookie

DBDukes

@ex_customer 

Maybe the number will reach a point where Roku will take the suggestion seriously.

DBDukes

HMSal

I'm gay and despise seeing all this LGBQ being shoved onto us from TV services. Please remove it all behind a selection button at least. I really feel for everyone who does not want to see this.