Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADB1971
Reel Rookie

How do I add channel 3 or 4 ??

I have looked through everything I could to find out how to add channels 3 and 4 I have a gaming joystick that requires tv to be on channel 3 or 4 I purchased an RF Modulator and the coax cable to attach it to the back of my tv everything is installed correctly I just can’t find out how to add channel 3 or 4 ?? Can anyone help??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I add channel 3 or 4 ??

I think you have to scan for channels from Settings->TV inputs and then it will ask if you need channels 3 and 4.  It's been a while since I've done it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
andyross
Roku Guru

That assumes the TV supports analog signals. I think the FCC allowed manufacturers to drop support a few years ago.

Racingjake

I've tried to add channels 3 and 4 and it doesn't work my fix was to toss this cheap TV with Cheap sound in the trash. Buy a quality TV. You know, the one with a remote that has numbers so you don't have to tab the button a million times trying to find channel 3 and 4 that doesn't not exist.

mejosho
Reel Rookie

I had the same issue trying to hookup my SEGA Genesis game console. I had to connect it to the antenna jack, turn it on, THEN scan for channels. It recognized it and added channel 4 as a “vcr” station.