Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reel Rookie

Home page not displayed when tv turned on.

This happens on all three of our sets. I need to press the home button on the remote for it to come up.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Home page not displayed when tv turned on.

Are these Roku TVs or TVs with Rokus attached?  If the latter, pressing home is probably just waking them up from a low power/sleep mode which some recent models of Roku have. ie: after around 20 minutes of inactivity, they go into a low power mode to save power (though Rokus don't use that much even when they are awake.)

This can be turned off in settings if you don't like it.

This can be a bit confusing because the power button on a Roku player remote (not Roku TV) only turns on your TV, and doesn't effect the Roku itself.  Before this low power mode, most Rokus had no "off".

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@746-

@Strega wrote:

This can be turned off in settings if you don't like it.

If your model has a Settings > System > Power menu item, go there.  Click Auto power savings and deactivate After 20 minutes of no interaction.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Reel Rookie

They are not Roku TV’s, all streaming stick4k’s. If the sets are turned off for two minutes and turned on, no home page. Here’s the interesting part, I bought two of the same Roku’s for my other home, and they turn on without a problem, and I did check the power mode and it is on. I’m new to this and I appreciate all  the replies, please keep them coming.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@746-

Rokus do not turn off, they stay active as long as they receive power.

The USB ports on many TVs shut down when the set is turned off.  If you are powering the Roku through the USB port on such a set, the Roku will have to start up each time you turn on the set and so the Roku home page will not be available immediately.

If the set has more than one USB port see if one is unswitched and stays powered when the set is off, or the TV may have a configuration option to set the USB port to remain powered when the set is off.

The preferred way to power the Roku is directly from house power, using the supplied USB adapter.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

All of them are powered through a wall outlet and I have use the supplied USB adapter.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Are you shutting the tv down with the tv set to display the HDMI port to which the Roku is connected?

When you start the tv back up, is it still set to that HDMI port, or does it revert to something else?

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

When I shut down or turn on the set, only a black screen is displayed, no HMI port info. I need to press the home button for the screen to display.

0 Kudos