Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
im1
Reel Rookie

Re: Home Screen Ads Too Scary For Kids

This is one thing for someone who owns a $30 roku. I have a TCL Roku TV that I spent nearly a grand on. I can't even turn on the tv without fear of scaring my child because it's right there on the home page. It's completely unacceptable that I can't hide inappropriate ads.

dawnmarie007
Reel Rookie

Wow @RokuMary-F the Roku Employee -That was the most benign, unhelpful response.

I take it you're not in the customer service department, nor have you actually read the whole thread here.

While I appreciate you passing this on to the advertising department, I highly doubt they'll care.  If they did, this thread wouldn't exist in the first place.

I realize the number of Roku customers is now high enough that those of us here don't really matter anymore, but for each one of us on here, I'm guessing there's at least 500k other parents with the same complaint.

Please do better.

phases
Channel Surfer

Is there not a way around this?? There should not be scary Shudder ads on the home screen, they are scarying my young child. Worse, it's cross Roku - showing on his that I never watch Shudder on. wtf!

Shepfam
Reel Rookie

This thread was started in 2020 and Roku has not responded WHY is this ok it has gotten unacceptably worse. I understand evil rules the world but we still gave options whether to participate in allowing out children or ourselves to see sick deprived behaviors. What if anything has been done about any of this?

MatthewOlds
Reel Rookie

I had thought I found a work around, but alas, I have not. Ads that scare my kids persist. And Roku has done nothing. Can’t wait for the Roku tv to break so I can purchase a different brand. Horrible customer service…not addressing this issue with ANY solution.

Tbu4
Reel Rookie

I’m searching for answers on this issue and found this string from 2020. Unfortunately it’s 2021 and I still have the same issue. It’s too scary for family TVs!

AsifS
Channel Surfer

Block *.ravm.tv

AsifS
Channel Surfer

Block *.ravm.tv

ChaosFenix
Reel Rookie

the only real answer we have at this point is to block the roku ads on your network since Roku doesn't want to fix it themselves. You can block it in your router if it has that functioinality or you can use something like pihole.

Yalda_Bahuth
Channel Surfer

Looks like Team Roku discovered this tactic as I have blocked it on my network and still see ads for creepy stuff.  Don’t understand why Roku can’t simply add a parental setting for this.  

0 Kudos