Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoggers_1
Reel Rookie

Re: History channel not working

The App was up and running last night

0 Kudos
jimmyk

History Channel not Streaming on ROKU Express + 3930x

Hello community!

I have 2 ROKU Express + devices and neither one will load the History Channel.  They both worked about two weeks ago. All other apps load and stream.  I have rebooted the devices, uninstalled & reinstalled the app, and checked for software updates - current.  The only thing I have not done is factory reset the devices but I'm sure that's what I want to do.  Thanks for your help.  Jim 

0 Kudos
dbl-j
Reel Rookie

It's working for me now as well, updated the channel and it's now working again.

0 Kudos
Fyddleman
Reel Rookie

I sent an email to A&E last night. This morning I got a message from them that it is an intermittent problem and this afternoon it is fixed. How cool is that!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: History Channel not Streaming on ROKU Express + 3930x

@jimmyk--

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling the channel.   Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

So the process (the order is important) is:

• Remove the channel
  • Restart the Roku
  • Reinstall the channel

You'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power on some models, or if not there, under Settings > System ... or just unplug from its power source for a few seconds then plug back in.

(Note: if you have a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning the tv off and back on just puts the TV into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart - use the instructions above.) 

This may or may not cure your problem, but at least you should have a clean install of the latest version if the channel app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Dawgdays
Channel Surfer

VERY!!

0 Kudos
Dawgdays
Channel Surfer

That's what we pay for.......Congrats!

0 Kudos
Mluna
Reel Rookie

My History Channel Ap started working again yesterday after about 5 days of not working. I didn't have to do anything. I simply tried it and it was working.

0 Kudos
brichards_ct
Reel Rookie

Now I am having the same problem accessing History Channel. I'm not sure how long this issue has been happening as I haven't tried watching History Channel in a while but it has been at least a week. I have two Roku Express 4K+ systems. On one system, I am able to access History Channel and A&E but not on the other one.

I have removed channel(s), did system reboot, re-added channel, did History update but it still loads to the point where I briefly see the History home screen then it immediately kicks back to Roku with no error messages. Was the fix in May 2022 something that A&E / History did on their end? I will try contacting them...

0 Kudos
rothfam5
Channel Surfer

I've been having the same problem with History for months. It won't launch. I tried loading A&E as a test, and it does the same thing. It launches to the A&E logo than fails and goes back to the Rolu screen. 

I have the Ultra 4800x with 11.0.0 build 4193-c2. History app is version 4.0 build 1.

The History app does work on my Roku Premiere 3920x.

I've sent a msg to History. Hopefully they have a fix.

0 Kudos