Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cwonder

History Vault on Roku Channel Commercials

I pay for History Vault because it says it's commercial free and has been for the last couple of years I had it, till last night. Watching Ancient Aliens and there are commercials every 5 minutes. Ancient Aliens is my bedtime lullaby and it gets watched most nights. What gives with the commercials? Who do I call? When you go to History Vault, not Roku Channel, it literally states no commercials so I am lost. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: History Vault on Roku Channel Commercials

They should both be commercial-free.

From the Channel Store:

"Start your subscription and pay only $4.99 per month or $49.99 a year after your 7-day free trial to watch commercial-free, full-length videos with no TV provider needed, through automatic renewals."

From The Roku Channel:

HV.jpg

If something is supposed to be commercial-free on The Roku Channel and isn't, I'd ask for a refund (https://support.roku.com/contactus) and then sign up directly with the provider and use the provider's app.  The waters get too muddied when you start to involve 3rd parties.  Is Roku injecting the commercials (probably) or History Vault?  Who's to blame?  Do yourself a favor and avoid subscribing to anything through Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BruceSB

Re: History Vault on Roku Channel Commercials

You bring up a very good point. Why in the **bleep** would someone pay that kind of money! I solved all of these problems about commercials with the BEST decision I ever made regarding streaming services. I subscribed to the commercial free Discovery+ service. For about $12.00 per month, I get all the channels owned by Discovery, plus on demand (not live), History Channel, MotorTrend+ and a whole lot more, and all commercial free. Best investment I ever made streaming! Worth its weight in gold.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.