Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ehenleyjr
Reel Rookie

History Channel resets to ROKU home screen

When selecting the History Channel App the screen loads the app and displays the History Channel for a couple of seconds then resets to the ROKU home page. I have tried power cycling the ROKU with no help. I have a 2nd ROKU in the home that does not have this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: History Channel resets to ROKU home screen

1. Remove the app.
2. Settings > System > Power (if not applicable skip to the next step) > System restart.  
3. Reinstall the app.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
ehenleyjr
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it didn't resolve the problem. I've tried it a couple times.

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@ehenleyjr What is the Roku model number you are having issues with? 

ehenleyjr
Reel Rookie

It is the ROKU Express model. I don't see a model number on it. I have another one in the house that is not experiencing the problem. 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

The model number should be on the bottom of the unit itself.  Should be something like “Model No.” and the four digits, along with the letter “X.”

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos