Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fowlerat
Channel Surfer

Re: Hisense Roku TV and ITVX incompatible versions with Roku stick

Update

I contacted ITVX support and got the following

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting ITVX, I hope you are well. 🙂

In regards to Roku being built in a TV and a Roku stick being the same they are correct.

On our supported device pages it clearly states on the Live TV section -
"The live TV feature is currently available only on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, NowTV/Roku streaming players, Samsung Smart TVs, Sky Glass and Sky Stream puck, Xbox One/S/X and Xbox Series X/S.

Sometimes a show will only have television rights and not online rights. If this happens you will receive a message saying the programme is unavailable - don’t worry, this isn’t a technical fault. "

So this would not be an ITVX issue because we clearly state our live TV feature is available on Roku streaming players whether it's built in or a stick we still support these devices with our live TV feature.

From the description you have given this sounds like it's do to do with the TV or Roku and you'd be best contacting them in regards to this issue.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for but I hope it has somewhat cleared up any misunderstanding.

So a built in Roku is supported. As I have this problem on both Hisense and TCL Roku TV's the only common thing is Roku.

How do I progress this with them as nobody from Roku has joined in this thread.

0 Kudos
KalElUK
Channel Surfer

It’s not just about live TV. The app itself is still loading hub on mine even though it shows the icon as ITVX.
good luck getting anywhere with Roku as from my experience they will just say it’s the app provider who needs to fix it!

0 Kudos
Fowlerat
Channel Surfer

Mine exhibits the same behaviour. It's the ITVX icon but it opens the ITV hub channel. This is a very old version of the hub which doesn't support live TV.

Mattyd8d
Reel Rookie

I’ve just spoken to ITVX who state it’s a Roku issue and they’re aware of it and apologised that I’m unable to use the service at this time. 
i then spoke to ROKU who said they’re aware of the issue and hoping to get it rectified soon. 
so far, I have no clue when to expect it. 

it works on my Roku stick, just not on Roku tv

KalElUK
Channel Surfer

Just home and opens the app and it’s now loading the ITVX app on my Hisense Roku TV. Finally 

Mattyd8d
Reel Rookie

ITVX now loads on my Roku tv too, but the live tv section isn’t there 😕 

0 Kudos
Dean2E0CZR
Reel Rookie

I'm also having the same issue on my Hisense Roku TV. My TV did a firmware update last night and then ITVX appeared but flashes up ITV Hub first and ITV Hub still appears in the Freeview Play section. No Live TV option in ITVX. The official launch date for ITVX is December 8th so maybe it will roll out correctly from that date.

0 Kudos
Fowlerat
Channel Surfer

Hi 

Mine is now the ITVX app, but identical in every way to the app on my stick except the live TV tab on the left menu is missing. Has yours got the live TV tab on the TV? 

0 Kudos
Mattyd8d
Reel Rookie

Exactly the same here. Identical in every way but the live tv tab is missing. 

0 Kudos
Dean2E0CZR
Reel Rookie

No Live TV tab here either. Hope ITV correct this soon.

0 Kudos