Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fowlerat
Channel Surfer

Hisense Roku TV and ITVX incompatible versions with Roku stick

I recently purchased a Hisense A7200G TV. The ITV player app has been updated to ITVX but when I play it it reverts back to the ITV player which doesn't offer live streaming. It says the app version is 1.2 2019. ITVX was only launched in November 2022, so why is the TV still using the old app even though I've deleted it and installed ITVX. All my other Roku devices have updated perfectly, is the Hisense Roku TV not really a pure Roku device as it's not behaving in the same way and it has different versions of the apps than my other Roku devices even though I've updated them. 

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hisense Roku TV and ITVX incompatible versions with Roku stick

What's the software version and Roku model number displayed under Settings->System->About?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Fowlerat
Channel Surfer

Hisense model

R55+

Hardware ID

C260GB

Serial number

X00200UL198H

Software version

11.5.0 build 4235-AF

Uptime

15 minutes

Roku TV support

https://hisense.co.uk/support/

0333 800 2200

Device ID

S07HG00L198H

0 Kudos
renojim

Well so much for my theory.  I thought maybe ITVX requires software version 11.5 and the TV hadn't updated to that version yet, but that's not the case.  My other theory has to do with the Roku model number, but I can't find that model listed in Roku's hardware specifications.  Maybe that has something to do with it?  I know there have been issues with UK channels on non-UK Roku devices, but I don't think that's the issue here.

You might want to try ITV if they have any kind of customer service.  Other than that, maybe @RokuKariza-D has some idea.

I know it seems dumb, but you could always connect a Roku device that does get the channel to that TV.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Don't know if this will help, but it's worth a try, at least:

Highlight the ITV (or ITVX whichever is there) item in your channel grid and press the * key on your remote.

Remove the channel

IMPORTANT!  DON'T SKIP: Restart your Hisense Roku TV via Roku menu path Settings > System > Power > Restart System.  (Note, if you have "Fast Start" enabled on this set, a quick OFF/ON will not give a complete restart - use the menu path or unplug/replug the power cord.)

Reinstall the ITVX app from the Channels store.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Fowlerat
Channel Surfer

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I think I'll have to go down the ITV or Hisense support route. I noticed a previous post from someone else about the original ITV player on this TV being out of date and not offering live TV streaming and having factory reset mine the old app is a much older version than the one on my other Roku devices, so there's something going wrong around ITV generally on these TV's. It's really annoying because I replaced an old TV with a Roku stick with this Roku TV, my wife preferred the old TV interface and gives me grief about it being a Hisense TV if I have to plug in the original Roku stick she'll go nuts. I may get away with a chromecast. Thanks for all your help. 

0 Kudos
Fowlerat
Channel Surfer

Hi 

Thanks for your reply, I'm pretty sure I've done this already, but not certain I did the power off stage. I'll give it a go. 

Cheers 

0 Kudos
KalElUK
Channel Surfer

Anyone got anywhere with this as having the same issue 

0 Kudos

I’m having a similar issue, I tried to add itvx on my roku 4K stream stick & when I search on the website and on the roku channels on my LG Smart tv, nothing comes up (I’m in the US) my software is also up to date. Does anyone have any tips/tricks? TYSM!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Fowlerat
Channel Surfer

Hi

I've not got anywhere with this issue but I've since noticed that the same thing happens on my TCL Roku TV, so the problem is not unique to Hisense. I've also got a new LG Freveiew smart TV and the same thing happens on this. This leads me to believe that it's ITV that is stopping the functionality on some devices, although how it can differentiate between a Roku stick on which everything works and a Roku TV where it doesn't I find hard to understand. I'm going to pursue this with ITV support.