Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IrishBoss
Reel Rookie

Highwire unable to load from roku devices

Jump to solution

Highwire with Del Bigtree no long runs on my Roku devices. Has it been censored by the authorities with the jack boots?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Highwire unable to load from roku devices

Jump to solution

@IrishBoss

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@IrishBoss

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gsnoble

Jump to solution

Were you able to resolve your issue??

We haven't been able to watch Highwire as well.

IrishBoss
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well that was a issue last year and I believe it corrected by uninstalling and re-installing, but that is not working on this issue this year. So the short answer is no, sorry I don't know what to do to fix it.

0 Kudos
ChippyTech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It is not uncommon for channels or apps to be removed from streaming platforms like Roku for a variety of reasons. It is possible that the Highwire with Del Bigtree channel was removed from Roku due to a change in the content that was being offered, or due to a violation of the terms of service for the platform. It is also possible that the channel was removed due to a dispute with the owner of the content or for other business reasons.

It is important to note that Roku, as a platform, does not censor content or remove channels or apps based on political or ideological reasons. Roku is a neutral platform that provides access to a wide range of content from a variety of sources, and it does not make decisions about which content is available based on the views or opinions of the content creators. If a channel or app is no longer available on Roku, it is usually due to a decision made by the owner of the content or by the platform based on a specific business or technical reason.

0 Kudos
IrishBoss
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And yet Highwire is still an application available for download on the roku device.

Something strange is afoot Dr. Watson.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in that order.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on this channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fiapop

Jump to solution

I deleted Highwire channel.  Restarted system. Now when I search for it it doesn’t exist.  Channel is no longer on Roku.   What’s up with that !??????

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Fiapop 

You can still watch Highwire on website. https://thehighwire.com/watch/

You can also watch Highwire via Rumble and then install install Rumble to your Roku device.  https://rumble.com/c/TheHighWire

---

As for the channel itself, a user on Reddit posted that an email indicated that a new channel will be launched in late February and that the developer unpublished the existing Highwire channel.  https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/10kvac7/del_bigtrees_the_highwire_app/

Other than the above, I did not see any other info available.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

SAME! ugh

0 Kudos