Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philwtbn
Reel Rookie

High commercial volume. Any help?

They're doing it again. Any luck getting in touch with someone who can do something about it? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: high commercial volume

Hello @philwtbn

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? Does the issue only occur in a specific commercial? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you have tried so we know what steps we should take next.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
philwtbn
Reel Rookie

I tried every setting on the television and tried contacting Roku directly to see if any specific device would modulate the volume of the shows versus the commercials and they were not able to give me any help whatsoever. It's not just a specific commercial, it's most commercials on most channels that are noticeably louder than the shows that are being played.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hello @philwtbn

Thanks for the post.

Try enabling Automatic Volume Leveling from the settings menu and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing. To do this, follow the instructions below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select Audio.
  4. Select Volume modes.
  5. Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.

I hope this helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos