Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PGB1
Streaming Star

Hide Some Streaming Channels- One TV Allows It & Others Don't

Jump to solution

Hello All!

We have 4 televisions with Roku built in. Three are TCL and one is ONN. Brand. We only use Roku and antenna. There's no cable box complications.

On one of the TCL televisions, we can hide some of the streaming channels, leaving the others, just like one can do with OTA channels. On the others, I have not figured out a way to accomplish this & am wondering if there is another way to hide some, but not all, streaming channels. 

To better explain my clunky words, on the one where we can hide some streaming channels, we hid several. When one pushes the Left Arrow button, those don't show up in the list. This makes for a much shorter list and certainly faster channel selection.

How It Works On The One Television:

Settings - TV Inputs - Antenna TV - Manage Channels - Manage All Channels - Edit Channel Line Up.

This presents a list of all the antenna and all the streaming channels.

From there, we can scroll through the list and choose which individual channels to hide- OTA and Streaming.

On the other sets, we have:

Settings - TV Inputs - Antenna TV -Manage Channels - Hide Streaming and Hide Antenna. For antenna, we can pick individual channels to hide. For streaming, it's all or none. Of course, the streaming one I watch is smack in the middle of the huge list, thus it takes 30+ seconds to get to the channel with the Up Arrow or Down Arrow button.

All of the televisions have the most current updates, according to the "Last Checked" page. The "Last Update" dates are different for each television.

Did I miss a how to accomplish the task on the other sets? (Or should I thank the Roku people for forgetting to take this feature away from the one set?)

Thanks For Helping!

Paul

PS: A person could get rich quickly if she or he could develop a remote with an actual number pad on it for direct channel entry.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hide Some Streaming Channels- One TV Allows It & Others Don't

Jump to solution

@PGB1 

The ability to hide individual streaming channels (filter and manage) is a new feature implemented in Roku OS 10.  It has been already released on certain RokuTVs and Roku devices, but not all RokuTVs and Roku devices have received it yet, even those with the same RokuOS update build numbers.  It should be released to all your RokuTVs and Roku devices eventually (over next few months).

I have been able to use this channel hiding feature for months on my Insignia RokuTV, but none of my standalone Roku devices have received the ability yet. Others have reported the ability to hide on their devices, but not on their RokuTVs yet.  Best I can offer is that it is will eventually come to all your devices, but I cannot tell you when. 

You can try manually updating your Roku OS through Settings...System Update...Check Now.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@PGB1 

The ability to hide individual streaming channels (filter and manage) is a new feature implemented in Roku OS 10.  It has been already released on certain RokuTVs and Roku devices, but not all RokuTVs and Roku devices have received it yet, even those with the same RokuOS update build numbers.  It should be released to all your RokuTVs and Roku devices eventually (over next few months).

I have been able to use this channel hiding feature for months on my Insignia RokuTV, but none of my standalone Roku devices have received the ability yet. Others have reported the ability to hide on their devices, but not on their RokuTVs yet.  Best I can offer is that it is will eventually come to all your devices, but I cannot tell you when. 

You can try manually updating your Roku OS through Settings...System Update...Check Now.

PGB1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank You AVSGunnar for taking time to reply & for the information.

It'll be great when we can shrink the list of channels.

Thanks Again & Please Enjoy Today!

Paul

0 Kudos
Nick1Buns

Jump to solution

My Roku TV is on OS version 11 and it still doesn't have that feature. Is it completely out yet or is it only available for certain brand TVs? (mine is a tcl)

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Nick1Buns 

See if this feature is located under Settings/TV Inputs/LiveTV/Manage Channels (Should have 2 more options - "Hide Streaming Channels" and "Manage all Channels".

----

This feature should have been fully released to all RokuTVs prior to the release of OS11.  This feature is only applicable to RokuTVs. (An actual TV with an integrated Roku OS/operating system, not a standalone TV with a Roku streaming device attached to it via HDMI port.)

0 Kudos