Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennyb74
Reel Rookie

Hi everyone, quick question

I have an older Roku and can no longer watch Amazon Prime. Unfortunately, I can find a new Roku that specifically indicates that I can do so. Is this even an option any longer? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hi everyone, quick question

Hi @jennyb74,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to assist you with your concern regarding streaming Amazon Prime Video on your Roku device but will need more details. 

Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. Where are you currently located?
  2. What Roku model device are you using?
  3. Are you being prompted with an error message when trying to access Amazon Prime Video?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further with your inquiry.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@jennyb74-

I can find no listing on Amazon re which Roku models Amazon has written their Prime Video Roku channel app to run on. However, Amazon announced in emails to Roku owners that, effective November 1, 2021, their Prime Video would no longer support the following older Roku model numbers:

Roku 2 HD/XD/XS models 2050X, 2500X, 2720X, 3000X, 3050X, 3100X
Roku LT models 2400X, 2450X, 2700X
Roku SE model 2710X
Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X, 3420X, 3500X

(The Xs or other letters at the end of the model number are distribution codes and are irrelevant for this issue.)

You can find your Roku model number via Roku menu path Settings / System / About

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
markb123

Useless stupid title. 

0 Kudos