Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dbamsch

Heroes and icons

I was getting a channel on my it's antenna, it was a digital channel named Heroes and Icons. Which showed different Star trek series 6 nights a week also old shows, Combat and Tour of duty on the off night. Has anyone come across this channel on their Roku? 

10 REPLIES 10
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Heroes and icons

H&I is related to MeTV. Both are part of Weigel broadcasting. Unfortunately, neither are available as Roku apps. There is a MeTV app for Android that streams the live channel, but nothing for H&I. Roku does have an app for Comet, another sci-fi oriented network, that streams the live channel.

mary451
Channel Surfer

Thank you Andyross - I just had the same question about Heroes and Icons . I could not find your answer on the roku site but did fined it with firefox. Thanks much.

Wimpydog

No but I wish they would live stream it because the area I'm in the channel doesn't always come in on my antenna

JAFM

Many of the same shows that you've seen on H&I can ben seen on Pluto, Tubi, and even the Roku app itself; although, it'd be really nice to have an H&I streaming service.

futureme
Reel Rookie

There are several key programs on H&I that aren't available on other platforms such as Tour of Duty, Combat, 12 O'clock High and others.

JonS5

As with any streaming channel the best thing you can do is politely write weigel and ask them to stream h&i and all their other channels.  The more people that write them the more likely they are to one day add a Roku app.  That is how we got services like stirr because there was people asking for these channels.

jarodian

I have it under Sling on my roku box. If you go across all the stations, you'll find some real goodies that were added.

futureme
Reel Rookie

The problem with watching H&I on Sling is that the Sling programming is not the same as the over the air programming.  This single issue caused me to drop Sling and go back to YouTubeTV.  Unless they've changed something Sling's version of H&I doesn't show Nash Bridges or Black Sheep Squadron among other programs and instead airs other programming.  I was in contact with both Sling and H&I about this and it's because of licensing rights.

AnonymousNC
Reel Rookie

Re: Heroes and icons missing/replaced shows

Even the Heroes & Icons channel on the frndly app doesn't show certain programs like Jag, Black Sheep Squadron or 12 o'clock High. Black Sheep is the one we will miss after we officially discontinue satellite service.

0 Kudos