Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaelyng

Having to Delete a channel and re-add to get it to work / unsubscribe

My question is similar but not exact to other topics (as far as I could find), so I decided to go ahead and post it.

Our TV frequently disconnects from internet, which is not too annoying because I just go in and "set up connection" and reconnect pretty quickly. However, frequently with discovery plus and sometimes hulu, the app cannot connect (without any specific error code that I can find) and the only way to fix it that I have found is removing the channel and then re-adding it. While the amount of times it happens is kind of ridiculous at all, its pretty frustrating that every time I want to remove the channel I have to cancel my subscription in order to remove it, so we are frequently cancelling our subscription, and then when that period is over we are having to resubscribe. There should be a way to restart the app / delete and re-install without having to cancel the subscription every single time, and as far as I know there isn't. If there is a way, I would love to know.
Do I need to subscribe through discovery+'s website instead of through Roku in order to be able to delete it whenever I want to troubleshoot it not working? Either way there needs to be another way to trouble shoot (and send reports of failure to Roku, quite frankly) and as far as I am aware there really isn't any faster way. I know there are some cheaper Roku TV's where one might expect it to not work great but this one is a fairly decent one. Not intending to sound upset/aggressive if it looks that way.
Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Having to Delete a channel and re-add to get it to work / unsubscribe

@jaelyng wrote:

Do I need to subscribe through discovery+'s website instead of through Roku in order to be able to delete it whenever I want to troubleshoot it not working?

Yes.

Instead of removing it and adding it again, have you tried just restarting your Roku from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power?  Simply turning off a TV and turning it back on doesn't reboot.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos