Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nina48
Reel Rookie

Has the REELZ channel been taken off live tv

I was just wondering if anyone knew if the REELZ channel was taken off live tv? I love that channel and watch it often, just came back from vacation and can’t seem to find it? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Has the REELZ channel been taken off live tv

@Nina48 

Reelz appears to be on Roku Channel Live Tv (channel 511).

When looking for any streaming content, can use the "Search" feature from the Home screen or an abbreviated version from within the Roku Channel itself.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Nina48
Reel Rookie

Thank you @AvsGunnar .

but for whatever reason, it keeps removing itself. It was up earlier, I changed the channel and when I went to go back to it, all traces of the channel were gone. No favorite, no continue watching, nothing. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Nina48 

It shouldn't be disappearing and reappearing, that for sure.

Verify that it is not being hidden within the Filter options.

Navigate all the way to the left (where channel numbers are), and press the button on your remote.  When the menu for "Channel Options" pops up, select "Filter", and then select "All Channels".

If you don't see Reelz on ch.511 as available, then do the similar procedure of navigating all the way to the left again, pressing button, but this time select "Manage Channels", then select "Unhide this Channel" if you see it listed.

---Interestingly, while performing the above on an Insignia RokuTV, it does seem like the above "Manage Channels" and Unhide features are not working properly.  I hid a few channels but no channels were listed to unhide.   Although an update was available for Roku Channel, it did not resolve issue.  I had to perform an Uninstall, Restart, and Reinstall to fix issue.  Even after the Reinstall, the channels were still hidden, but the list did populate this time under Manage Channels so I could unhide them.   Could be a similar glitch with your Roku Channel problem.

Try Uninstalling the Roku Channel, then do a System Restart, and Reinstall the Roku Channel.  Then go through the instructions at the top regarding Filter and Manage Channels and see if Reelz now stays put and available at channel 511.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Nina48
Reel Rookie

No wasn’t hidden and when I went into manage channels it went from 510 to 515. I just went ahead and completely factory reset my entire Roku device. So far it’s staying. Everything is up to date on software so I’m holding my breath, hoping it was a few day old fluke. I want to thank you so much for your help @AvsGunnar . If, and I’m hoping not, this happens again, I’ll look back on your steps and try again. Thanks so much again! 🙂

0 Kudos
gpawood
Reel Rookie

Channel 511 is REELZ but it’s REELZ On-demand and is not REELZ Live with On Patrol:Live and the others.  So how do we get ROKU to add REELZ Live to their channel?  Any ideas out there?

0 Kudos