Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpcsret
Reel Rookie

HULU stays at 0% loading and then coughs up message about checking network connections

ROKU Model number 2710X - ROKU1 - Software version 10.0.0 Build 4209-06.  HULU version 4.9.3

When I try to launch HULU I gets stuck at 0% loading and then displays an error "HULU could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network.  Please check your network connections and try again".  Other streaming apps work fine (Netflix, Amazon, Roku channel).  I tried recommended fix of uninstalling HULU, restart the ROKU and reinstall but same issue.  Not sure when this began but since I noticed it 2 days ago problem is persistent.

Does ROKU still support this older device or is it time to upgrade ?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: HULU stays at 0% loading and then coughs up message about checking network connections

Hulu app version 4.9.3 on the 2710 w/firmware version 10.0.0-4209 is loading and playing content without issue.

Try restarting both your Roku and your modem/router/gateway

0 Kudos
dpcsret
Reel Rookie

Re: HULU stays at 0% loading and then coughs up message about checking network connections

Hi.  Thanks for the reply.  It is reassuring to know that the Roku device is still compatible with HULU but I am quite sure the issue is not with the network.  I tested network connection on the Roku and it is Good (and as mentioned other streaming channels work fine) and other devices (laptop, phone) connected to the Wifi network have no issues.  I did restart the Roku as part of suggested fix but that does not help.  I do note when I restart the Roku it takes awhile to come up so maybe it is getting end of life although I am not sure why only 1 streaming channel (HULU) would be affected.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Aside from the recommended rebooting of your modem/router/gateway:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

5) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

6) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

0 Kudos
Juanroberts
Channel Surfer

The problem was the 4K HDR resolution setting on Roku. Try putting it on regular 4K instead as that worked for me. 

0 Kudos