Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikoz
Channel Surfer

HDHomeRun app on Roku reports DVR failure

When starting the HDHomeRun app on various Roku models 4 and up, it reports that there's a DVR failure.  I see no evidence of this using the iOS app or on LG TV. 

Is this a bug in the Roku app? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDHomeRun app on Roku reports DVR failure

Probably.  I've found the latest update to be almost unusable, but it's not Roku's issue, it's SD's issue.  It's their channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mikoz
Channel Surfer

No issue on appletv though. 

So many problems on these "high range" Rokus that don't exist on AppleTvs.  

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @mikoz

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
mikoz
Channel Surfer

Issue happens with every channel.  It happens on two different Ultra models and Ultra LT.

Re-installing channel does not help. 

Now, today, as an added bonus, there's no sound with the app no matter what the sound setting is in Roku.  Switching to an AppleTv4k there are no issues. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mikoz

Thanks for the posts.

As @renojim has mentioned, if you are experiencing playback issues with the HDHomeRun channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos