Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Re: HBOMax streaming in HDR10 not DolbyVision

@AJCxZ0 wrote:

@RokuDanny-R, Thank you for confirming that the app developer removed the Dolby Vision feature from the app in 52.20 build 11 and that Roku is working with them to resolve the problem which led to this decision.

An HBO Max Customer Advocate advised me that they "do not have direct contact with [their] Advance Support team". In addition to suggesting the obvious, I suggested that they engage with us including here in the Roku Community.

@RokuDanny-R I sure hope you the two companies can get this resolved faster than the Paramount+ HDR issue which is now heading into SIX MONTHS.

0 Kudos
MADx
Binge Watcher

Re: HBOMax streaming in HDR not DolbyVision

By the way, Paramount+ Dolby Vision now working on Roku SW Version 11.0.0 Build 4193

0 Kudos
artseattle
Binge Watcher

Amazing!  I'm confirming on my Roku Ultra.  "The Lost City" is in DV and Dolby Atmos.   Now, let's get HBO to 1) stream in Dolby Vision and not just HDR and 2) Stream more 4k content.

Art

0 Kudos
MADx
Binge Watcher

Yes, it would be nice to have HBO Max supporting more 4k content, and have Dolby Vision back.

Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

From TCL support: 

I was informed by my software team that HBO has verified that this is an issue they're aware of and are working to resolve. 

0 Kudos
MADx
Binge Watcher

Thank you...

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Just received this e-mail from HBO Max support this week:

My name is Mark and I am with the Specialized Support Team. I understand that you are reaching out because you are unable to stream with Dolby. Please allow me to provide further information and the next steps about this.

There is an ongoing issue with Dolby equipment. Rest assured that will be addressed in a later release. We appreciate you reaching us about this and for your patience!

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

As of today, after the latest updates, Dolby Vision is working again on HBO Max.

Roku OS v11.0.0
HBO Max v52.2

0 Kudos
MADx
Binge Watcher

Working here now, thank you.

0 Kudos
AJCxZ0
Streaming Star

Re: HBOMax streaming in HDR10 not DolbyVision

Dolby Vision is now streaming again, which is of course great news. Thanks to the the folks who fixed it... whoever they are, since the HBO Max app is still version 52.20 build 11 and the last OS update of my R4800X was on 3 May 2022 (though there have been subsequent mystery updates).

The HBO Max updated to 52.25 build 40 yesterday, so it seems like the Dolby Vision was turned back on, then app updates rolled out.

0 Kudos