Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
artseattle
Binge Watcher

HBOMax streaming in HDR not DolbyVision

Roku Ultra updated to 11.0.0.  HBOMax no longer streams in Dolby Vision.  "The Batman" plays in HDR, Dolby Atmos.  DolbyVision is supported through LG app and Airplay.  Same thing with Dune.  Anyone else?

Art

0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Re: HBOMax streaming in HDR not DolbyVision

Yep, DV is broken on the HBO Max app on Roku.

I have a feeling this is related to Roku OS v11....

0 Kudos
MADx
Binge Watcher

I'm having same issue with HBOMax Dolby Vision, it just started today. However, I'm using software version 10.5.0 Build 4210. I think its a HBOMax app issue.

0 Kudos
AJCxZ0
Streaming Star

Re: HBOMax streaming in HDR10 not DolbyVision

Arrived here after starting to watch "The Batman" on the very recently updated (with colour change) HBO MAX 52.20 Build 11 on my 4800X Utlra running 11.0.0 build 5003-C2 and despite the advertised Dolby Vision, it's streaming HDR10.

Dolby Vision streams are working fine with other apps, so this does appear to be a HBO MAX app issue.

0 Kudos
stubs
Reel Rookie

It looks like the HBO max app recently updated and now dolby vision is broken sadly. Still on roku os 10.5. So it is definitely an HBO max app issue as when I do airplay I get dolby vision and dolby atmos.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-examples of titles that you see this issue occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AJCxZ0
Streaming Star

Re: HBOMax streaming in HDR10 not DolbyVision

@RokuDanny-R,

Thanks for following up on this regression in the HBO Max 52.20 build 11 app which remains unfixed.

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur,

Since the device details are included, please see VD-176-709.

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel

Yes. HBO Max 52.20 build 11.

Play a title with Dolby Vision, e.g. "The Batman".

Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

@RokuDanny-R 

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
Streaming Stick 4K (3820X), S08Y418ANE5J, v11.0.0 build 4193-CU

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
HBO Max, v52.20 build 11

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
5J-179-811

Play content on HBO Max that shows the Dolby Vision logo

The Batman, The Matrix, The Matrix Revolutions, The Matrix Reloaded, The Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman

0 Kudos
danaltick
Reel Rookie

I called HBO Max about this issue and they said they needed to update their app on the Roku. I see they updated the app but it's still not fixed and yet they continue to advertise Dolby Vision for the above listed titles....not good.

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

HBO Max shows Dolby Vision regardless if the device and/or TV is capable of the technology. I have been seeing the DV logo in the HBO Max app on my Roku Premiere and Streaming Stick+ for over a year, yet those two Roku devices are only capable of HDR10. To get away with that, HBO Max includes the disclaimer: "HBO Max will play the highest quality audio and video available for your device."

0 Kudos