Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AncienLord
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO max subtitles/Dub issues

Jump to solution

Thanks, Everything is resolve, I can use HBO Max in my Roku Ultra Thanks for all, I don't know if you're technicians resolve this or HBO (i don't think they resolve anything) RokU RocK i am happy.

sincerely AncienLord

0 Kudos
Tamalesyatole
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@rokser wrote:

Solved, do it in the roku options Closed captioning and turn your subtitles on or change the language. HBO developers app is a shame.

Can confirm. In a Roku Express+ (the RCA one for old TVs) pressing the * key won't do anything but a "donk" sound. I had to go to the "global" Roku options and set the preferred language to the one I wanted. Gone back to the show and, lo and behold, the audio I wanted.

Preferred audio languagePreferred audio languageThe * button trick does work for a Roku TV and another HDMI model, though.

0 Kudos
Marshal
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yesterday night was a horrible night for me. 

Last night, I encountered this issue on my HBO max. I was streaming conjuring and after 5 minutes my movie language changed to spanish from english. After enccountering this, i tried restarting my deivce, rebooting the router but still the issue persists on the screen. Then, head to the Youtube but it was horrible night. You tube failed to help me out. Then i search for fixes on the google and boom!!!! I found a page, where I got the way to resolve this ..........issue. I followed the step and now i'm watching conjuring again. 

Leaving the site link for you guys, may this will help you too.....The saviour site for me 

0 Kudos