Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mercedesmonster
Reel Rookie

HBO app won’t load anymore, at all, it used to work just fine?

My HBO app was working just fine 2/22/23 and now it won’t work at all. I’ve uninstalled the app multiple times, and gave it a few days before downloading it again and still no results. I’ve even restarted my roku numerous of times, I have an active subscription through HBO so that is no issue and I can apple play it through my phone, but that’s the only way it’ll work. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO app won’t load anymore, at all, it used to work just fine?

I used HBO Max for several hours last night with my Stick 4K+ without issue on the hotel WiFi. What model Roku player do you have? The model number, not the name please.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Mercedesmonster
Reel Rookie

Hey Dan, 

It’s weird because everything else on my Roku works just fine, so that’s why I’m perplexed. Because I used to watch HBO consistently every day since I work from home and never had a problem up until a week and a half ago. My model number is: 3941X

Thank you!

0 Kudos
atc98092

That is puzzling. The 3941 is the Express 4K+, so a good device. If you haven't tried yet, remove the channel, reboot the Roku (don't skip the reboot) then install the channel again.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Mercedesmonster
Reel Rookie

I have deleted the app, restarted the Roku, reinstalled the app. Nothing is working, I have literally uninstalled HBO for a couple of days, and nothing. I have no idea why, but everything I have read nothing is working.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mercedesmonster

Thank you for the inquiry!

There could be several reasons why the HBO app is no longer loading on your Roku device. Here are a few possible reasons and some troubleshooting steps you can take:

• Network Connectivity Issues: Check to make sure that your Roku device is properly connected to the internet. If you are experiencing connectivity issues, try restarting your router and modem.
  • App Update Issues: The HBO app may not be loaded if it needs an update. Check the app store on your Roku device to see if there is an update available for the HBO app. If there is an update available, install it and then try launching the app again.
  • Software Glitches: Sometimes software glitches can cause apps to crash or fail to load properly. Try restarting your Roku device by unplugging it from the power source, waiting a few seconds, and then plugging it back in.
  • Account Issues: It's possible that there may be an issue with your HBO account. Try logging out of the HBO app on your Roku device, then log back in again. If you are still experiencing issues, try contacting HBO's customer support for further assistance.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
jotolo

I Have the same issue and have spoken with tech support via phone and chat. We tried everything with no success. It works on my TV when I do it through android, but not through Roku anymore. I even signed out and I'm trying to sign up to HBO as a new user, but it just goes to a black screen after seeing the HBO logo. 

They keep saying that they are going to push it developers. Any other ideas? Yes, I have cleared the cache, restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled, unplugged, modem, router, Roku and TV. Software is up-to-date. Roku 4k ultra. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @jotolo 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Since you were in recent contact with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy

@jotolo wrote:

I have cleared the cache, restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled, unplugged, modem, router, Roku and TV. Software is up-to-date. Roku 4k ultra. 

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart** your Roku to clear its memory cache before reinstalling the channel. Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System. If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

**On a Roku TV with "Fast Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart. Use the methods above.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos