Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cathmcgui

Re: So the Max app replaced my HBO Max app and now its asking me to sign in again

Jump to solution

I am unable to login to Max since the switch yesterday. My provider is Amazon Prime Channels and it cant verify the provider.  I've uninstalled the all, restarted the Roku, reinstalled the max app. Mada sure all updates done on Roku. Have called Max and all looks ok on their end. Called Amazon and they to say all looks ok. I still cant get signed on. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

After resetting the password and logging in, the app opened nicely and the new layout is terrific. Haven't streamed any content yet, so I'm hoping there will be AV improvements since the HBO Max app was mediocre

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
Elmskel

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

I have a similar issue, I live in Latin America and in my country Max is not available just yet, so I get a message that max is not available in my region, HBO Max is still working on other devices and pc, unfortunately Roku removed the HBO Max app from the app store and replaced it with Max.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Elmskel wrote:

I have a similar issue, I live in Latin America and in my country Max is not available just yet, so I get a message that max is not available in my region, HBO Max is still working on other devices and pc, unfortunately Roku removed the HBO Max app from the app store and replaced it with Max.

Roku did not remove it from the channel store. HBO removed it and replaced it with Max. Roku gives the provider that ability. The only time Roku themselves removes a channel is when the channel is in violation of their terms of service agreement. I am surprised you had access to HBO Max in the first place, and it was likely in error. It doesn't matter if it works on other devices. HBO has to authorize it specifically for Roku devices in your location. And only HBO can do that. Roku cannot override the settings of the provider. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: So the Max app replaced my HBO Max app and now its asking me to sign in again

Jump to solution

Hi @Cathmcgui,

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you are still having trouble with a playback issue on the Max channel.

We would recommend trying again at a later time as well as taking the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check for a system update through Settings System Software update.
  2. Restart your Roku device through Settings System Power System restart.

Keep us posted on what you find out!

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
timeliar

Jump to solution

Since the change to Max, I have not been able to get in.
I get the login option screen. I have an account with Max, so I enter my username and PW.
After login screen, I get the "Something went wrong. Let's try again!" screen.
I have uninstalled Max app, updated Roku software, rebooted Roku, re-installed Max app.
Updated Max app.
I have unplugged and restarted all devices.
I have restarted router.
I can login to Max via my phone and Windows PCs on the same network without issue.

Here are the units that will not login.

4660RW - Roku Ultra , SN:YJ00DJ721625, DID: CS37CD721625, SW ver: 12.0.0 build4184-46, Channel: Max-v54.0 build 0, Issue ID 25-208-947

4660X - Roku Ultra, SN: YJ007E276467, DID: CK4887276467, SW ver: 12.0.0 build4184-46, Channel: Max-v54.0 build 0, Issue ID: 67-209-065

4670X - Roku Ultra, SN: YJ00FA036438, DID: KW999F036438, SW ver: 12.0.0 build4184-46, Channel: Max-v54.0 build 0, Issue ID: 38-209-961

Curt

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi, I have the same problem. HBO upgraded to Max and now it won't let me log in, it won't even let me enter my credentials. My roku is model 3930X- Roku Express S/N X00400GE0K07, device ID S008211E0K07. the software version is up to date and i already tried all the steps i read here. still not working

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Etienne1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

There is an HBO MAX phone number you can call for help.  I got set up in 5 min. after not being able to do all these things on the internet.  855-442-6629.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

no me funciona y e intentado las opciones que dan:

Modelo del dispositivo Roku,  3700X-Roku Express

número de serie, YU00TW428697

ID del dispositivo: 7G271T428697

SO/versión del software: 12.0.0 compilación4184-28

0 Kudos
Blizzardly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I called Max Support, they were also stumped (4660X-Roku Ultra) after having me retry everything above to no avail. 

In my case I can log in but any title i select immediately brings me to a “Something Went Wrong” message with a comically long error code. HELP! I can log in on my phone or computer, but this is not a long term solution.

0 Kudos