Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

My password is linked to my AT&T account doesn’t give me that option. 

0 Kudos
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

My password is connected to my AT&T account that isn’t an available option for me. 

0 Kudos
MrCorgi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

On Roku home screen put box on HBOMAX but dont select.  Hit * on remote.  Select "Check for updates". It will update to MAX 

You will need to do this this for each tv.  

0 Kudos
JohnL1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The Max streaming login issue thru "Connect my provider"/AT&T seems to be working now (5/24/23 7a Pacific).  Just got all 3 of my Roku Ultras working! Finally!

0 Kudos
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Just got in a well. Thank goodness 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with the new Max channel.

Please be aware that we believe the issue of being unable to authenticate and channel crashing has been resolved for the majority of customers.

For customers who are stuck on the Max channel splash screen, please see this Community post: Max channel stuck on splash screen

If you are still experiencing an issue with channel authentication or crashing on the Max channel, we would recommend trying again at a later time as well as taking the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check for a system update through Settings > System > Software update
  2. Restart your Roku device through Settings > System > Power System restart

If you are still experiencing an issue with authentication and channel crashing on Max channel, we would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
GerasHerdez
Reel Rookie

So the Max app replaced my HBO Max app and now its asking me to sign in again

Jump to solution

I thought all that info would carry over to the Max app? So why is it asking me to sign in?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: So the Max app replaced my HBO Max app and now its asking me to sign in again

Jump to solution

Hi @GerasHerdez,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble when trying to access the Max channel on Roku. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding what you are experiencing.

In order to resolve this, we want to perform a few steps to make sure we are providing the best service. 

• Check for a system update through Settings System Software update
  • Restart your Roku device through Settings System Power System restart

If the behavior continues with getting stuck on the Max channel, we would be happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

If the issue persists, please provide all the requested details mentioned above as it will help us to offer appropriate assistance to you on the reported issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DDD1

Jump to solution

Doesn't work for me as well, I deleted the app reinstall it etc still nothing.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DDD1 did you reboot your Roku after removing but before adding the channel back? The reboot is mandatory. If this is a Roku TV, simply turning it off and back on does not reboot the system. Pull the power cord for 30 seconds. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos