Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buddyb_99

Re: HBO Max subtitles not working

Like for “Raised with Wolves”, cc will stay in for the entire episode. However once a new episode begins, cc does not appear even though I’ve selected it in the menu. I have to reboot my router each time to get cc to play on each new episode 

0 Kudos
MikePIa

I paused, went down to icon on bottom left corner, changed to Spanish language and Spanish cc.  Unpaired and was in Spanish with cc.  Then reversed this process back to English and got cc again.

0 Kudos
MikePIa

Sorry bottom right corner.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@buddyb_99 @MikePIa

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Yes Your point of view is right but I also contact the channel to provide support directly but my issue can't resolve one through one conversation. 

0 Kudos
wireless_Mike
Channel Surfer

The subtitles work on my fire stick. they dont, on either of my TCL Roku TVs. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@wireless_Mike
Thanks for the post.

Are you making sure that the closed captioning is enabled on both the Roku device as well as the channel settings?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

It's inconvenient to have to reboot your router every time to get captions to appear. If HBO Max subtitles are not working consistently, you can try the following steps to troubleshoot the problem:

1. App Update: Ensure that your HBO Max app is updated to the latest version. If not, update it, as fixes for issues like this are commonly included in updates.

2. Restart App: Before doing anything major, try closing and reopening the HBO Max app.

3. Check Your Internet Connection: Slow or unstable internet connections can affect streaming quality and features like captions. Even if other services work fine, each app and platform has different requirements and may respond differently to the same network conditions.

0 Kudos