Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HBO Max app not opening on roku

Hi @GandM,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community.

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

How long has the issue been occurring? Have you tried logging out then logging in back? In addition, have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support 

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
effralyn

I'm having the same issue on both my roku devices. really upset and disappointed about it...

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @effralyn

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please see @RokuMary-F's post above. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
javabean2020
Binge Watcher

Mary does not understand the issue.  We have all done the reboot, remove, say a little prayer and even cross our fingers.  Yet the HBO max issue is not resolving itself. I have 5 Roku devices and one apple device.  The only one that works is that apple device.  So please spare us the level 1 technician responses and get us resolution to a poorly implemented app.  If it’s network then Roku needs to open the ports or tell users what ports to ensure are open. #roku sound bar 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @javabean2020

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please be advised that many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to HBO Max's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact them here: HBO Max Help Center

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AES80

I am having a problem with HBO Max as well, although somewhat different. Roku keeps claiming that my HBO subscription with Comcast has expired, when it most definitely has not. I've tried several times to get back in via the HBO home page, but whenever I click on a program to begin watching, I again get the message that I no longer have a subscription. All my other channels seem fine.

0 Kudos