Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marshal
Binge Watcher

HBO Max Crashing on my device

I was finally able to add HBO Max but every time I open the app it just crashes and then my Roku goes back to the home screen. I've tried restarting and checking all the cables connection.

Anyone else having this issue?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO Max Crashing on my device

You didn't specify what model Roku you have. You show a Roku TV as one device, but they are all manufactured by different companies, so we can't suggest who to contact if it's a TV. I use HBO Max all the time on my Ultra 4800 with no issues. 

The first step to try when a channel isn't working correctly is to remove the channel, reboot the Roku (don't skip this step, and for a Roku TV this isn't just turning it off and on), then install the channel again.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Marshal
Binge Watcher

Hey, @atc98092 well currently i'm using Hisense 55 4k UHD Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Thanks for that. That particular TV should have no issues with HBO Max. I suggest first removing the channel as I mentioned previously. If you subscribe to HBO Max through Roku, you won't have an option to remove the channel without first cancelling the subscription. Silly, I know. After you remove the channel, go to Settings/System/Power/System restart and reboot the TV. If that's not the menu location (some TVs have different menu layouts) just unplug the TV from the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on. Once restarted, install the channel again.

Dan

0 Kudos
Vic8

I’m having the same problem with MAX Have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times. I’ve even used a new Roku Streaming Stick 4k. Still having issues. Having no problem on using my Samsung streaming tv.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Vic8 did you reboot the Roku after removing the channel, but before reinstalling? If not, the removal was not complete. 

I hadn't used MAX in a week or so, so I fired it up on my Ultra 4800. I'm having no problem watching Batman Begins. I'm getting Dolby Vision, but not Atmos. For captions I had to use the trick reported elsewhere to enable the Spanish captions, then switch back to English once the Spanish appeared. 

Dan

0 Kudos