Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smorgasbord
Streaming Star

Re: HBO Max Channel Loads and Shows 3 Dots

Jump to solution

Can you tell us if the team at Roku has been able to reproduce the problem in their test environment or not?

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@smorgasbord wrote:

Can you tell us if the team at Roku has been able to reproduce the problem in their test environment or not?

Unfortunately, they'll never provide that sort of information here on the forum. It's possible it will be difficult to duplicate. I've tested HBO Max on several of my devices, and haven't had any issues. Just watched something last night on my Ultra 4800.

Random failures are some of the toughest to find. The best tool they can get is if someone provides them with a Tracker ID number immediately after it happens on their device. Press the Home button 5 times quickly, then press Back 5 times quickly. As little pause as possible between button presses. Then provide the information shown on the screen here in a post so the moderators can get it to the support people.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
KarmenLee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't know what they did but mine is working again! I saw the dots for a few seconds and held my breath but then the screen for selecting accounts popped up and I sighed with relief. Thanks for the fix, whoever!

0 Kudos
srfohana

Jump to solution

3800X; YF0081238065 (CT3898238065); 10.5.0 BUILD 4208-55; HBO MAX (52.5 BUILD 18); Issue ID: 65-074-489

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @srfohana,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing and providing the information needed.

Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a further resolution soon. We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Floflo370

Jump to solution

Model - 4660 ROKU ULTRA 

SERIAL NUMBER YJ007N019756 (CK3857019756)

Software version 10.5.0 build 4208-46

Timestamp 2022-02-24T03:58:30Z

Issue ID 56-077-998

Just going to HBO max gives me a black screen. Have uninstalled restarted and reinstalled several times. Had to purchase a Chromecast because of this issue with Roku for months now.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Floflo370

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
auntronnie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still having issues loading HBO max as described by hundreds of other users. Please help - I am paying for programing that i am unable to watch.

Model 4230x Roku 3

SN: 632613147107

Vers: 9.4.0 Build: 4210-04 

HBO Max: vers 50.10 Build 13

Issue ID: 07-100-191 

Time stamp: 2022-03-11T13:51:28z

0 Kudos
OtakuAudi

Jump to solution

-3930X - Roku Express purchased about a year ago

-serial number: X00400A9M3KT

-device ID: S0083099M3KT

-software OS/version: 10.5.0 build 4208-AR
-HBO Max and Disney +. I’ve had this issue on and off with both apps since I got the Roku. Disney+ was working again for about 2 weeks but today it won’t go passed the logo screen and then the screen goes black after a while. HBO Max version 52.10 build 20
-tracker ID: KT-105-256. Disney+ version1.19 build 2022022500
-1. Open HBO Max app 2. Select anything to watch and hit play 3. It loads for about a minute with the little dots and then returns me to the main screen on HBO. Nothing plays. Ive tried movies and shorter tv shows

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @auntronnie @OtakuAudi,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing. 
Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have further resolution soon. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.
We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos